Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Associate Editor
1/20/17 11:21 a.m.
feature_image

The Nissan Armada is the brand's largest non-commercial vehicle and is a direct competitor to Chevy's Suburban and Ford's Expedition. The Armada Platinum represents the highest rung for the model and comes equipped with four-wheel drive. It's worth mentioning that this top-of-the-line outfit's price point is about $10,000 less expensive than those of the Expedition and Suburban (both equipped with …

Read the rest of the story

gixxeR
gixxeR New Reader
1/20/17 11:42 a.m.

Are the direct competitor's rigs worth $10,000+ more? No. It comes down to people's loyalties/preference, that being said Nissan is forced to sell a similarly equipped truck for less due to ford/gm having the US market cornered. The cheaper price tag has no bearing on the quality of their product.

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 MegaDork
1/20/17 11:57 a.m.

Badge engineering.
That body has been sold as the Infiniti QX80, n'ee QX56 since '11

New Armadas range from $45k - $60k
New QX80s range from $64k - $90k

Pretty amazing to see one model with a $45k swing in price.

Or, is it?
The Chevy Suburban starts at $45k and the Cadillac Escalade ESV can be as high as $101k if you get all the options!!!!

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/20/17 12:30 p.m.

I legitimately didn't know Nissan still made the Armada. Not sure when I've even seen one last. This new one sure looks better than the earlier ones, minus the big chrome fender vents.

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt PowerDork
1/20/17 3:25 p.m.
thatsnowinnebago wrote: I legitimately didn't know Nissan still made the Armada. Not sure when I've even seen one last. This new one sure looks better than the earlier ones, minus the big chrome fender vents.

Yeah, the earlier Armadas looked like the guy who designed the center section wasn't on speaking terms with the stylist who designed the tail end of it.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
MzvqtkLF0F9AbydfoShK0TKdRukh8H1DDfBPi1ot6SjnBBlrAMnI5Y7ZSvLhCTql