Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Associate Editor
10/12/17 2:37 p.m.
feature_image

One might expect the Rogue Sport to be, well, just a Rogue—maybe with a slightly different suspension and a different badge. But the Rogue Sport is actually a completely different crossover than the Rogue. In fact, it's a whole foot shorter.

Read the rest of the story

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan Dork
10/12/17 4:12 p.m.

Cue the "my '04 Quest was a dog to work on..." Nissan hate. cheeky Hell if any woman ever found me attractive enough to marry and have kids with I'd own one. Instead I'll lust after a NISMO Juke RS for now. smiley

drdisque
drdisque HalfDork
10/13/17 2:00 p.m.

I hate when mfr's use the same name for completely different cars. Nissan is doing the same thing though with the Versa and Versa Note - but at least "Note" at least doesn't automatically just sound like a just a trim level like "Sport" does.

Run_Away
Run_Away GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/13/17 2:18 p.m.

Here in Canada the "rogue sport" is called the Qashqai. I don't consider that an improvement.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan Dork
10/13/17 5:39 p.m.
Run_Away said:

Here in Canada the "rogue sport" is called the Qashqai. I don't consider that an improvement.

Sounds like it might have a rear end like a Jaguar and be on TMZ a lot. devil

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/14/17 8:35 p.m.

We accidentally test drove one of these today. Went to the Nissan dealer to check out the Frontier, which honestly was a bit of a letdown.

SWMBO saw a blue Rogue Sport on the way through the lot, so we checked it out too. It was actually really nice, felt solid, handled well, and had adequate power. It also had a cool camera setup that not only did reverse, but also forward, right-front corner, and overhead(not quite sure how that worked). It's definitely on the potential list of new vehicles for her, but I'd need to find something capable of towing before we could replace our van with it.

Trackmouse
Trackmouse SuperDork
10/14/17 9:55 p.m.

So what’s the “sport” of this tag? 20$ says Nissan didn’t do ANYTHING different. 

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed SuperDork
10/15/17 6:14 a.m.

I have never driven a vehicle with a CVT that I like no matter how good it is. I have driven a few rental Nissans with them that I consider atrocious.  The only CVT worse was the Ford Fiesta. I am at the point now that when I rent a car I research the available models first to make sure I don't get a CVT. Two basic rules for me.........no CVTs and no stop/Start features. Hate them both. 

Carsandbikes
Carsandbikes New Reader
10/18/17 2:46 p.m.

What isn't mentioned here is that besides being narrower and shorter,  the Rogue Sport uses a different 4 cylinder engine than the "regular" Rogue.  The Sport has a 2 liter engine to the non Sport's 2.4 liter engine. 

The Sport / Qashqui is very popular in Europe where it's available with gas and diesel engines,  as well as a manual transmission. 

When the 1st generation Sport / Qashqui debuted (about a year or two before the Rogue reached the U. S. market), Nissan withdrew the Sentra from some markets and replaced it with the Sport. 

And no,  I'm not affiliated in any way with Nissan or it's dealers... I just read a lot of car magazines.

Larry
Larry New Reader
12/19/17 12:00 p.m.
Feedyurhed said:

I have never driven a vehicle with a CVT that I like no matter how good it is. I have driven a few rental Nissans with them that I consider atrocious.  The only CVT worse was the Ford Fiesta. I am at the point now that when I rent a car I research the available models first to make sure I don't get a CVT. Two basic rules for me.........no CVTs and no stop/Start features. Hate them both. 

The Fiesta has a dual clutch transmission (aka PowerShift), not a CVT.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
gcIp735p081OH46UyZlf6tHBg48N20L2Iq1c1winm0l3YnxNUMsVVrmIhYtPgEyI