Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Associate Editor
10/18/17 12:40 p.m.
feature_image

Volvo's crossovers have been fantastic high-end options for years, and they don't seem to be slowing down. Our test car came with the Inscription package, which meant a blind spot information system, interior walnut wood inlay, accent lighting and a unique set of wheels.

The XC60 may only have a 2.0-liter engine, but thanks to both a turbocharger and a …

Read the rest of the story

Duke
Duke MegaDork
10/18/17 2:34 p.m.

About 3 weeks ago, we bought a 2017 S60 Inscription Platinum, which is effectively the sedan version of this trucklet, as described toward the end of this thread.

In sedan form, the Inscription is 3" longer wheelbase than the 'base' Dynamic, all of it added to the back seat.  The Dynamic is made in Europe, but the Inscription is made in China.

The S60 doesn't get the twin-charged version of the 2.0 until you move up to the R-Design or the Polestar.  Us plebs have to make due with 240 hp and about 285 ft-lbs... though that comes in around 1600 rpm.  In AWD form it's not a tire-shredder, but it is no slouch with the 9-speed automatic.

I have yet to take a long high-speed trip in it, but around town and tooling through the back roads, it is remarkably composed and willing.

It rolled over its first 100 miles in the middle of a TSD road rally through rural Chesapeake Maryland, less than  48 hours after we bought it.  Incidentally, running SOP (no instruments or calculators) we won the rally overall with 67 points in a 50-mile jaunt. :)

It is surprisngly missing a few things I would liked to have seen - some things, oddly, provided on both our 3002 325i and 2004 TSX - but overall we love it and we're thrilled.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
srbOFTzxmsMIie9ozzBOMOe8OLAN2mOzUrG2tKvTjGv08xjJwGMMcMAYWezQS4ql