Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Associate Editor
6/22/17 3:45 p.m.
feature_image

Acura is introducing something new for the 2018 model year: the Acura TLX V6 A-Spec. It's the highest trim level for the TLX and comes with exclusive features like bigger wheels and wider tires, ventilated front seats, and remote engine start. The A-Spec doesn't gain anything in the performance department over the next lowest trim level, but does it really …

Read the rest of the story

Trackmouse
Trackmouse SuperDork
6/22/17 3:46 p.m.

And yet, it STILL has the ugliest face this side of Gene Simmons.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
6/22/17 3:51 p.m.
Trackmouse wrote: And yet, it STILL has the ugliest face this side of Gene Simmons.

It's not classically handsome, but it doesn't hold a candle to the blazing ugliness coming out of Toyota / Lexus, or Nissan, these days.

This thread is relevant to my interests as we begin to shop for a replacement for DW's beloved TSX. I suspect we'll find more value elsewhere, though.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla MegaDork
6/22/17 4:11 p.m.

This piques my curiosity. The original A-Spec packages were all dealer add on bits (ground effects, wheels/tires, suspension and badges) that actually gave them more grip to go along with the aggressive looks. This looks like an actual factory built trim level instead.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
6/22/17 4:15 p.m.

Yes, A-Spec is now a factory thing. I was at some of the early press introductions for the A-Spec dealer-installed parts. Fun events.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla MegaDork
6/22/17 4:32 p.m.
David S. Wallens wrote: Yes, A-Spec is now a factory thing. I was at some of the early press introductions for the A-Spec dealer-installed parts. Fun events.

I sold a bunch of them, that's for sure.

drdisque
drdisque HalfDork
6/23/17 9:04 p.m.

Should have come with a sport exhaust or something like that - something that makes it more than just an appearance package. Maybe option for OE Summer-only tires.

759NRNG
759NRNG HalfDork
6/23/17 9:19 p.m.

And yet it is another nose heavy FWD....Can you spell UNDERSTEER???? I'm sorry....not,but what in the H is the fixation with THIS....please speak to me....I had a Saab 99 in the winters of 76-78 in NEOH with nothing but street...wait for it...........Semperits.......remember those? Yes a great car for the region/season...but beyond that, not very inspiring from an enthusiasts (corner carver) standpoint. And yes I own the ultimate Saab from GM...'03 Aurora 4.0 as we speak

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XcFIYiy6lro9vJSMRz6nztqDMNnH11q2ZWXl8ZxDz81eBTqxdhx30zt5e4R6U1Zt