SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
8/16/18 3:04 p.m.

In reply to Tom Suddard :

Umm...

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE Reader
8/16/18 4:37 p.m.

I'm interested to see how this goes. I have a few MR2 parts myself that I can (heh) part with if you're looking for something.

Hoondavan
Hoondavan New Reader
8/16/18 7:50 p.m.

I have 4 steelies from my e30 if you need wheels...no tires though.  They're 14x5.5.  4x100 et+35.  You're welcome to use them in the parking lot build.  I'm in st. Augustine, if that helps w logistics.

I don't know if I'll be there yet, but I'll help if I make it to Gainsville.

Hoondavan
Hoondavan New Reader
8/16/18 7:52 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

Are those painted bottlecaps? They're sweet!

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/16/18 8:38 p.m.

In reply to Hoondavan :

They look similar but they're aftermarket and 13 inches.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/17/18 9:18 a.m.

Vinyl concept has been chosen, I'll start work on the designs next week...I'll leave it up to Robbie whether he wants to preview the inspiration for the graphics wink

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/17/18 9:59 a.m.
GameboyRMH said:

Vinyl concept has been chosen, I'll start work on the designs next week...I'll leave it up to Robbie whether he wants to preview the inspiration for the graphics wink

Well, Gameboy found the picture, but I think it is sweet and also simple enough that it will be possible to pull off.

Also, can we maybe do 'PRD' instead of 'TRD'? for 'parking lot racing development'...

I'm thinking of replacing the sponsor stickers with the screen names of all the folks who had a hand in this build some way or another (assuming you want your name or SN on the car).

stafford1500
stafford1500 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/17/18 10:05 a.m.
Robbie said:
GameboyRMH said:

Well, Gameboy found the picture, but I think it is sweet and also simple enough that it will be possible to pull off.

Also, can we maybe do 'PRD' instead of 'TRD'? for 'parking lot racing development'...

I'm thinking of replacing the sponsor stickers with the screen names of all the folks who had a hand in this build some way or another (assuming you want your name or SN on the car).

That picture is at Suzuka...

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
8/17/18 10:10 a.m.

I dont want to be the nay-sayer but you think above is easier than the tri-colors below?  

More like the Celica in pic #1, get 3 precut pieces of each in vinyl per side. Apply at an angle, mostly on the door and trim off the edges.  

Robbie
8/17/18 10:19 a.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

hmmm. good point, those also look awesome. and I just thought about the challenge number side panel we have to consider. (it has to get on the car somewhere visible!)

Robbie
8/17/18 10:20 a.m.

what does the group think re: graphics? I'll have to admit as the guy who glued a shower curtain to the hood of his saab that graphics aren't exactly my specialty.

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/17/18 10:29 a.m.

Really digging the tri-color. Bigger stripes better, so there's less "boring white space" to help your concours.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
8/17/18 10:29 a.m.

In reply to Robbie :

You’re asking the guy who brought the Mumpkin with the 787B theme??

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
8/17/18 10:31 a.m.

In reply to Robbie :

I think you should work with the base black color. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
8/17/18 10:34 a.m.

EDIT: I did not realize the car is BLACK.  Yeah, that changes everything!  

My quick estimate is that is about $50 in vinyl to apply the tri-colors per side.  

Yellow 6inch wide

Orange 12 inch wide

Red 18 inch wide

The typical vinyl roll is 5 ft wide.  I would recommend

Yellow: 1ft wide by 5 ft (ripped in half would be 6 inch per side of the car)

Orange:  2 ft wide by 5 ft (ripped in half would be 12 inch per side)

Red: 3.5 ft by 5 ft (for 18" per side)

My estimate is there is about $60 worth of vinyl here and then measure off your scrap, I bet there is less than $40 that would hit the budget.  

Or, a lot left over would leave some to add to the hood or trunk like such...  

GameboyRMH
8/17/18 10:36 a.m.

I'm OK with either one. I saw the tricolor one and thought about it, I only steered more toward the other one because I thought you were interested in a TRD-centric livery.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
8/17/18 10:37 a.m.

New Inspiration, being that the car is black...  

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
8/17/18 10:45 a.m.

Other black inspirations. 

Could someone work that JPS script to read PLB ?  

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
8/17/18 10:47 a.m.

The MR2 logo is a bird????  

stafford1500
stafford1500 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/17/18 10:47 a.m.

GameboyRMH
8/17/18 10:50 a.m.
John Welsh said:

The MR2 logo is a bird????  

All black with a giant "cyberchicken" on the hood, plus Smokey and the Bandit cosplay at the concours, could be a winning combination laugh

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
8/17/18 10:52 a.m.
John Welsh said:

New Inspiration, being that the car is black...  

Hot. This would be awesome.

Robbie
8/17/18 10:52 a.m.

I don't think the base black makes a big difference, the tri color or TRD designs would both still look great on black - right?

GameboyRMH
8/17/18 10:53 a.m.
Robbie said:

I don't think the base black makes a big difference, the tri color or TRD designs would both still look great on black - right?

Yeah I think it could work on black just as well.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
8/17/18 10:55 a.m.
Robbie said:

I would think so. Where we going to try to repaint it in the parking lot?

1 2 3 4 5 ... 20

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
PZYBx7ULEqdODJPrnMPsFHYTPz9YuxRykmSuz9ggydDyREXaDbUsasE5MNmVlNj2