GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/23/18 1:12 p.m.

Flying into Tampa was looking like an easy choice this year, but recent flight price changes are pushing me to reconsider the usual destinations...anyone driving from these places?

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/23/18 1:36 p.m.

If you go into Atlanta, you can ride with me. I'm like 5 minutes from the airport and the drive is only 5 hours. Lots of other GRMers will be passing through there too.

GameboyRMH
9/23/18 1:57 p.m.

Atlanta could be a viable option this year, I'll keep it in mind.

Right now the cheapest destinations are:

Ft. Lauderdale ~$260 (direct)

Miami ~$350 (direct)

Jacksonville ~$430 (with looong layovers each way, but at least I could take checked luggage)

Atlanta ~$550 (moderate layovers, so I could take checked luggage and wouldn't have to wait forever)

Tampa ~$590 (with a short layover on one leg so carry-on only...it was ~$430 4 days ago!)

Ft. Lauderdale's so cheap that even if I can't hitch a ride, I should look into other land transport options like a greyhound or rental car.

GTXVette
GTXVette SuperDork
9/23/18 2:28 p.m.

if you are sure you don't want to drive, look at going into B'ham then to jax. or tampa . use feeder hubs to leave also, but I don't know where you are.

GameboyRMH
10/1/18 8:43 a.m.

Crunch time bump, if it's gonna happen I gotta finalize plans and buy tickets today.

grover
grover GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/1/18 9:04 a.m.

You could take Brightline up to west palm as well. It’s the new fastish train. I’d give you a lift If I was able to make it this year, but it’s probably not happening. Rental car would be pretty cheap though. 

keithedwards
keithedwards New Reader
10/1/18 6:47 p.m.

If Allegiant Air has a flight from near you to Punta Gorda/Fort Meyers (on the right day of the week) I could give you a ride up to Gainesville on Wednesday afternoon.  https://www.allegiantair.com

GameboyRMH
10/1/18 8:24 p.m.

^No options for flying into those places...it's looking like I'm gonna fly into Jacksonville and hitch a ride with pimpm3 again.

GameboyRMH
10/2/18 5:45 a.m.

Well I'm booked for Jacksonville. Was cheaper than going by land from Ft. Lauderdale.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UberDork
10/2/18 8:26 a.m.

In reply to GameboyRMH :

When are yall heading to Gainesville?

GameboyRMH
10/2/18 8:28 a.m.

Wednesday night.

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/2/18 9:18 a.m.

great news!!!

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UberDork
10/2/18 12:33 p.m.

In reply to GameboyRMH :

We’re going to head out Thursday morning.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
z3Yc6w82ozOichlishdO3RCCzlYL99JB5oC6gvdpy8PmlUWlPMZg150GRU9Clzfb