David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
10/14/18 7:46 a.m.
feature_image

Think of the Lexus NX 300 as a fancy Rav4 hybrid and you’re more or less there. The Lexus got some updates for 2018, though. First, there’s a new name: Previously it was known as the NX 200t. The styling has been updated, too.

Then there are some hardware changes to the NX 300, and we’re going to parrot right …

Read the rest of the story

Vigo
Vigo UltimaDork
10/14/18 10:00 a.m.

"A Lexus version of a Rav4 Hybrid" is officially the most favorable perspective I've ever applied to the NX. I think I like the NX more than the current IS. Glad to hear the chassis tuning was notable in a good way! That's been a weak spot in a whole lot of Lexus products in the past. 

irish44j
irish44j UltimaDork
10/14/18 12:02 p.m.

arg, it has the same sickle-style wheels as my GTI came with, that look ok at first, but then are annoying when you realize they point the opposite direction on the other side of the car. 

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/14/18 12:09 p.m.

In reply to irish44j :

It saves the indignity of what happened with the MN10 Thunderbird and first generation Taurus SHO where you would get cars off the assembly line with three rights and one left or vice-versa.  And then you can't rotate tires without dismounting and remounting/rebalancing unless you want backwards wheels.

In other words, it's a case of "I meant to do that..."

irish44j
irish44j UltimaDork
10/14/18 1:56 p.m.
Knurled. said:

In reply to irish44j :

It saves the indignity of what happened with the MN10 Thunderbird and first generation Taurus SHO where you would get cars off the assembly line with three rights and one left or vice-versa.  And then you can't rotate tires without dismounting and remounting/rebalancing unless you want backwards wheels.

In other words, it's a case of "I meant to do that..."

The solution is to just not make them have an obvious "directional-ness" to them. These wheels would be better if they just got rid of the little "triangle edge" at the outer part of each spoke. Especially since it makes them look like they're on backwards on one side of the car. Those wheels are hideous anyhow, though, so may be a moot point. 

300zxfreak
300zxfreak New Reader
10/14/18 10:48 p.m.

Not to mention the “ catfish in a feeding frenzy “ grille. 

Kreb
Kreb GRM+ Memberand UberDork
11/9/18 9:45 a.m.

The old Rav-4 with the V-6 was wonderful. Starting at $39K for a NA I4? Pass.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
b2RtKsfuePz8NO0vtRrHSOxyvDeWE86e30KRoE9r5kW3oi0quB14le0sKpLi6vo9