1 2
EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
8/1/18 8:49 p.m.

Nothing seems to get us worked up into a lather quite as well as a truck thread.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan SuperDork
8/1/18 11:05 p.m.
EastCoastMojo said:

Nothing seems to get us worked up into a lather quite as well as a truck thread.

What did I miss?  Oh never mind.  I will admit to overthinking my future purchase of a big truck.  Very future purchase.  Mind you I didn't hesitate to buy an S-10 even if the seller dithered more than I could ever have dickered.  Sometimes you just have to put money down and be happy with what ya got.  Even it is a GM 2.8l V6 it's still a truck to me. smiley

I will add that trucks are where me and Nissan kinda are not homeboys otherwise we roll.  laugh

bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 UltraDork
8/2/18 6:53 a.m.

I pretty much agree with Crankwalk, and unless I've missed an edit somewhere, didn't feel he was getting all that worked up, even with all the goading.

I was a Nissan service advisor ~5 years ago.  I guess it's true, no one wants to see how the sausage is made (or how often it's fixed), I became jaded quickly, for many reasons, and have pretty much ignored the brand since.  Who knows I may have had the same experience at any manufacturer?

One of the few things Nissan made I actually liked, was the Frontier, even with its guaranteed to fail and destroy your transmission, transmission cooler.  Crankwalk's experience is spot on with what I found, when you start cross shopping other trucks, you can get a lot more truck, higher capacities, better fuel economy, for the same or less money from the big 3 US manufacturers.

I like the Frontier, but I can't see how I could justify picking it over just about everything else on the market.

Suprf1y
Suprf1y UltimaDork
8/2/18 7:49 a.m.
crankwalk said:

Manual transmission and 4WD you can't get unless you was the v6 and a bunch of brotastic packages which make the turd $30k at the dealership.

"They don't make a 4 cyl 4wd manual transmission truck because nobody buys them"

I begged every manufacturer to give me one and TAKE MY MONEY. Even Toyota doesn't offer a manual transmission 4 cyl 4wd anymore here. I tried to get a leftover 2016 shipped to me and they wouldn't do it. A 4wd , 4cyl, manual trans Tacoma, Colorado, or Frontier (if it was way cheaper to offset Nissan's terrible resale) is what I really wanted. Nobody delivers that.

As far as I know you could always buy a Colorado in that configuration. I've seen the older style, and I just priced out a new one on GM's website.

I read a similar article in my local paper recently so Nissan must really be trying to push these things. It said how reasonably priced they are because they're an ancient design. So since they were one of the trucks I was interested in back in 06 when Nissan and Toyota forced me to buy a Colorado, I thought I'd have a look and price one out. If the price is right I would definitely consider it.

I can buy a new Colorado cheaper.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wTXqHqYcGokEuANcPviawOJtXgfpxIbxKmnZMdh7ppOpO1HPlq4xK7JlE4xZeqop