David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
2/7/19 10:10 a.m.
feature_image

There’s a new full-size Ram pickup in town.

Big things that might interest you:

It’s nearly 225 pounds lighter than its predecessor.

The frame features 98 percent high-strength steel.

Max trailing towing is 12,750 pounds.

Max payload is up to 2300 pounds.

An electronic locking diff is available across the line.

The Ram offers 151.1 liters of storage capacity. Nearly …

Read the rest of the story

JmfnB
JmfnB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/7/19 11:19 a.m.

As an aside I keep the machines that build the condensers in these trucks running, I heart the truck a lot.

Shaun
Shaun Dork
2/10/19 1:04 p.m.

"And hey, with seven-year financing available, does it really matter what it costs? "

There are many givens that go into generating the multitude of answers to that question none of which will apply to everybody.

So IMHO it is certainly not a no brainer to finance 65k of anything, even a ginormous fantastical shiny vastly capable new truck.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Digital Experience Director
2/10/19 4:48 p.m.

Totally agree, Shaun. I forgot to use the sarcasm font there. 

Shaun
Shaun Dork
2/10/19 5:39 p.m.
Tom Suddard said:

Totally agree, Shaun. I forgot to use the sarcasm font there. 

O.K.! Good God you had me going!

TIGMOTORSPORTS
TIGMOTORSPORTS Dork
2/11/19 5:04 a.m.

I just bought a 2019 Dodge Ram Tradesmen end of Dec 2018. Crew Cab 4x4, 5.7 Hemi, 8 speed auto. Off Road package and Trailer Tow package with the new E Locker 3.92 Rear. Big mirrors. Aluminum wheels, power rear slider, and dealer added Mopar running boards and bed liner. Work - Truck White (what I call it). 

The Tradesmen is the "base" model but now has all power options, carpet, Sirius radio.

So far, fantastic. The coil spring suspension is great. Huge interior, comfortable seats, lots of power. I wanted the best towing half ton for the dollar and that is why I bought the Dodge Ram.

DrBoost
DrBoost MegaDork
2/11/19 6:03 a.m.

This being Dodge and all, I wonder if the engineers had the drag coefficient down to .340 or something and intentionally put different mirrors or something on it JUST so they could say the Cd is .357. 

That would not surprise me. 

TIGMOTORSPORTS
TIGMOTORSPORTS Dork
2/12/19 4:58 a.m.

With the Off Road package, you get 18 inch wheels instead of 20's. Also, Falken A/Ts.

The trailer tow package, has a factory trailer brake also with the controller built into the dash.

The towing mirrors rotate to horizontal or vertical.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
bAFxltsAXnoSckgyIyYu5hx6bRCO2l7F80XbpOYx029nkTtrPKntaJcfFDBguKDm