1 2 3
bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
1/9/19 2:40 p.m.

In reply to kevinatfms :

What was your screen name there? I traded mine for the Forte because I had terminal rot where the core-support bolts to the from frame rail. 

kevinatfms
kevinatfms GRM+ Memberand New Reader
1/10/19 8:42 a.m.
bobzilla said:

In reply to kevinatfms :

What was your screen name there? I traded mine for the Forte because I had terminal rot where the core-support bolts to the from frame rail. 

Same screen name. Kevinatfms.

My old XD i sold for the same reason. Right at the two subframe support pieces that bolt to the body. Was replacing the clutch and snapped 2 of the bolts in the body. Car had been sitting outside for the better part of 2 years and it just had so much rust i couldnt keep up. Guy who ended up buying it sold it to another guy who has tried to remedy the rust issues. Car is still kicking though.

I bought another XD, a 2002 GLS, for a $2000 challenge style/Chump Car build. We are going to keep the drivetrain stock and just focus on suspension and lightening the thing up. Would love to make a full race without hiccups with this car. Ill post up a thread when i get everything sorted.

Any advice on suspension setup? Specifically alignment settings for a road race car? Will be running Tibby struts, H&R springs and Moog camber bolts. Tibby 18mm rear bar also going on.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
1/10/19 9:56 a.m.

I'd say probably max camber up front with the bolts. 1/4-1/2" toe-out. 

kevinatfms
kevinatfms GRM+ Memberand New Reader
1/10/19 4:06 p.m.

What about the rear? Worth it to buy some camber bolts for the rear and setting that to maybe 2.0* of camber?

goingnowherefast
goingnowherefast GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/12/19 5:38 p.m.

Build tool is up on their website: https://www.hyundaiusa.com/build-your-hyundai/index.aspx

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/12/19 6:09 p.m.

In reply to goingnowherefast :

Just under $30k with the performance parts, as previously stated. That’s cool. 

goingnowherefast
goingnowherefast GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/14/19 12:20 p.m.
Pete Gossett said:

In reply to goingnowherefast :

Just under $30k with the performance parts, as previously stated. That’s cool. 

Yeah not bad at all. 

So I inquired a few days ago to my local dealership. I asked if they were getting any, and if so if I could come check one out when they do. 

Couple days go by and I get a call "Uh, my sales advisor said they are in pre-production still and every dealership is only getting one"

I told them there's literally 30-40 on autotrader, on dealership floors as we speak. The guy basically had no idea what he's talking about. But anyways, still on my quest to track one down and check it out. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
1/14/19 1:35 p.m.

In reply to kevinatfms :

We should probably take this else where.... but I remember there being an issue with the XD rear suspension design causing toe in/out depending on compression or extension. I'd just make it stiff and call it a day. But that's my uneducated opine. 

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
bVYGMb0KSsXhyiWe2TD7NKHPE2qtpNQfLFgSl64p0dHSYkMwe3w6GTMGxgPFPwSa