1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13
mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Reader
12/19/18 3:54 p.m.

Sadly I got 14 years till that light at the end of the tunnel.... another fact I envy your life...

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
12/19/18 4:56 p.m.

I remember some obscure numbers that non-utility ECLB trucks accounted for only around 10% of mid-size production?... but don't quote me on it and I ain't gonna Google dat. 

I'll take a ECLB any day, valuing bed length over cab size. I'm not much of a people hauler tho.

Slammo
Slammo New Reader
12/22/18 2:01 a.m.

From the comments on the Jalopnik article.

docwyte
docwyte UltraDork
12/22/18 9:43 a.m.

I'd love one but I just looked up the length of them and holy moly!  They're almost 2.5 FEET longer than my current GX470.  That's a negative Ghostrider for fitting in my garage.  Sigh.  Oh well....

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Reader
12/22/18 9:45 a.m.

Mine will be sitting in the driveway. 

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/23/18 8:30 a.m.

Look at this:

It's probably a good thing they don't make this because I would feel like total crap at not being able to afford it. I would buy the hell outta that new if I could.

Making of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYwqbEIrWu0

docwyte
docwyte UltraDork
12/23/18 9:03 a.m.

In reply to mr2s2000elise :

I'll freely admit that I've turned into more of a sissy in my older years.  I don't care to scrap snow/ice off or deal with a vehicle that's been roasted in the sun anymore.  That's why I have a garage!  My garage just isn't all that deep, which definitely puts the kibosh on some of these ++ sized vehicles.

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
12/23/18 9:14 a.m.
docwyte said:

I'll freely admit that I've turned into more of a sissy in my older years.  I don't care to scrap snow/ice off or deal with a vehicle that's been roasted in the sun anymore.  That's why I have a garage!  My garage just isn't all that deep, which definitely puts the kibosh on some of these ++ sized vehicles.

One time I had to sell a car because the garage wasn’t big enough.  Never again....now the shop is bigger than the house.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Reader
12/23/18 9:34 a.m.
docwyte said:

No problem being a sissy 

I live where it’s 72F year round. I lived in snow for 6 years, never again. Life is too short to live in crappy weather (for me)

all my special cars stay in the garage. To me the Gladiator isn’t special enough for garage space 

llysgennad
llysgennad New Reader
1/23/19 3:39 p.m.

Since some people are still interested in a single cab non-towing Wrangler truck (judging by all the photoshopping), I'll reiterate that you can have/build one right now. Just bring your own JK Unlimited.  Body kit Linky . Or look for a used JK-8 conversion for that genuine Mopar feel.

llysgennad
llysgennad New Reader
1/23/19 3:41 p.m.

Personally, I'm ready for a Gladiator as is. But my wife still thinks we need 5 seats for our 2 kids. GRRRR.

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
1/23/19 3:51 p.m.

In reply to llysgennad :

As cool as that is, the bed is only 41 inches wide and the tailgate opens sideways. If I can't put a 4x8 sheet of something in the bed then I need to own a trailer and that's a non-starter. I've lived with small box trucks before and you can do a LOT with a five foot bed and a proper tailgate. 

It's cool though. I hope they sell a bunch of the kits. 

llysgennad
llysgennad New Reader
1/23/19 3:58 p.m.

In reply to mazdeuce - Seth :

Yeah, that's why we still have the Avalanche.

llysgennad
llysgennad New Reader
1/23/19 4:09 p.m.

Wrong thread, but how in the H-E-double-hockey-sticks did you get 16 footers home for the Grosh with your pickup? I have to use the trailer for anything that long.

mazdeuce - Seth
1/23/19 4:49 p.m.

In reply to llysgennad :

5.5 foot bed + tailgate is a bit over 8 feet. I think the longest I had to carry was 14 feet, but a 16 footer will stay in there, then you stack a couple layers of 8-10 footers on them at the back, then you strap the whole thing down super tight, strap the ends hanging off together with a big red flag, and drive slowly and not on the freeway. I'm a huge fan of beds that are about Avalanch, Ridgeline, or Gladiator size. I'm just about done with the double cab life and would gladly trade some towing for four feet less wheelbase. 

llysgennad
llysgennad New Reader
1/23/19 5:07 p.m.

I hauled some massive walnut boards home that way once. I'll stick with the trailer.

BTW, an Avalanche can haul 4x8 sheets of anything inside, tailgate up. That versatility is why we still have it. The Gladiator would have to pull the trailer a lot. Not my favorite thing to do, but not that bad.

bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 UltraDork
1/29/19 7:53 p.m.
skierd
skierd SuperDork
3/19/19 9:41 p.m.

I’ve seen a couple gladiators up here testing over the last few weeks. They’re roughly Tacoma sized and I like the looks a lot better than the new Ranger.  Hopefully the pricing won’t be insane. 

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/28/19 1:48 a.m.

The full 2020 Gladiator spec sheets can be found here:

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/2020-jeep-gladiator-specifications-sheet-feature-availability.8468/

The max trailer towing capacity goes to the Sport with the Max Tow package at 7650lbs. I'm surprised that some of the standard features on the Rubicon will be available as an option on the Sport. I've also heard great things about the new 6 speed manual transmission.

Has anybody driven a new JL yet?

ultraclyde
ultraclyde PowerDork
3/28/19 5:25 a.m.

In reply to stanger_missle :

I test drove one when they came out. Still sucked. My 97 grand Cherokee was a better road vehicle.

mazdeuce - Seth
3/28/19 5:47 a.m.

I'll go look at one when they come out. I still expect them to be very hot sellers but then again, the Jeep dealer has about 60 new Jeeps on the lot, so maybe things are slowing down. 

Brake_L8
Brake_L8 Reader
3/28/19 8:01 a.m.

I'm going to a media day for these in May and trying to convince them to let me hook up my enclosed trailer for my drive. Will report back if I can...

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito PowerDork
3/28/19 8:20 a.m.

I'm hoping that by the time my Mazda finally gives up the ghost, used Gladiators will fall into range. The thing could have 8 doors and I'd still want one! laugh

NickD
NickD PowerDork
3/28/19 8:31 a.m.

I wonder if/when a company will come out with a kit to put a retro original Gladiator styled front end on one

Vigo
Vigo UltimaDork
3/28/19 9:15 a.m.

Stands to reason they would update the existing JK version and offer a JL one.

1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
FLaU5wyRuWMRCf0tqPKiNMXLV9XZ9xIBLn6Crg3W26VUqehpyQZWTPJLICz7kh5O