Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
6/19/20 11:04 a.m.
feature_image

This year's Pikes Peak International Hill Climb is still on for August 30, but will run entirely without spectators.

The move is to ensure the health and safety of all involved. “For the first time, the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb will be staged without its loyal, enthusiastic fans lining the course and no one is more disappointed than we are,” explains Executive …

Read the rest of the story

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
6/19/20 11:34 a.m.

This race has always been on my bucket list. But they already dramatically restricted veiwing spots, which also dramatically lowered my desire to go see it in person.

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia Dork
6/19/20 12:04 p.m.

glad they are having it.......

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/19/20 12:19 p.m.
z31maniac said:

This race has always been on my bucket list. But they already dramatically restricted veiwing spots, which also dramatically lowered my desire to go see it in person.

As long as you can watch from Devil's Playground, it doesn't matter. That's the best place to watch.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
6/19/20 1:12 p.m.

If a car falls off a cliff and there is no one there to hear it, does it make a sound?

300zxfreak
300zxfreak New Reader
6/19/20 5:21 p.m.

In reply to T.J. :

I believe the driver would say that it made a sound. In fact, it probably would make a LOT of sounds.

bmw88rider (Forum Supporter)
bmw88rider (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/19/20 5:25 p.m.

No pictures like this for this year. Oh well. I understand the decision. It's impossible for crowd control there. Maybe I'll volunteer this year. 

JesseWolfe
JesseWolfe Reader
6/19/20 7:15 p.m.

Will the race officials forgo the obnoxious sounding sirens on the EV cars, since there won't be anyone near the course to warn?

captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/19/20 7:30 p.m.

In reply to T.J. :

Is it an EV? 

captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/19/20 7:31 p.m.

In reply to JesseWolfe :

You beat me to it

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners