1 2
kevlarcorolla
kevlarcorolla Dork
2/13/19 7:24 a.m.

I have the nokian rotiiva(I think thats the name) on my Titan,came with the truck very close to new when I bought it.

They are ok in the snow(ontario snow belt)but not steller imo.

I've only put less then 20k miles and the wear is down to about 50% now so the wear isn't great either.

I will be in the same boat next fall to replace these,I had LTX in the past and they were better I think.

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
2/13/19 9:09 a.m.

The destination le2 on my wife's escape are garbage in the snow. My 2wd ranger on general grabbers moves better. My friend who runs a tire shop recomended the discovery at3 for 4 season use so that's what we will be going with.

Curtis
Curtis GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/13/19 9:13 p.m.

After a day with my new Continental Terrain Contact A/Ts, I can really say that I like them a lot.  Super quiet.  I got to test them in ice, snow, wet, and dry given the conditions around here and I have not been disappointed in any of them.  It wasn't deep snow... maybe an inch or so.  Ride quality is on par with a SL or C range LT tire.  No better, no worse.  The old tires would transfer a lot of noise and impact on bumps.  These Contis seem to transfer about the same impact, but do it very quietly.

So in the first 50 miles I give them a huge thumbs up.

Did I mention quiet?  Like H/T quiet.  Seriously.  Quieter than my LTX M/S on the Chevy.  Can't hear the tires at all from about 45mph up because wind noise overtakes any tire noise.  I have no idea if they'll stay that way, but I plan on rotating every oil change.

Opti
Opti HalfDork
2/14/19 9:08 p.m.

I used to sell tires and I've seen multiple sets of ltxs go over 100k miles. The blue Dodge had a set for just over 100k miles, there was little degradation in performance over that time, where I've seen other tires performance plummet halfway through their life. A lot of tires dont even have full depth sipes. Falken Wildpeak and it's many rebrands are like this, halfway worn and there isn't a single sipe left on the tire.

we don't get a ton of snow down here in Tejas but I've drove through 3 years of our annual snow storm without problem and LTXs.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
pgETgRRxOLyy9v9IN1YcxBlkM6tFWVzpOWmjZOJBQb1DId6FixoI11CahrJVbu3Q