JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
12/11/18 2:00 p.m.

This article is from a past issue of the magazine. Like stories like this? You’ll see every article as soon as it's published, and get access to our full digital archive, by subscribing to Grassroots Motorsports. Subscribe now.

Story by JG Pasterjak • Photos by Hilary Frank, Build Photos Courtesy RideTech

Like most awesome things, this one started as …

Read the rest of the story

Brian_13
Brian_13 New Reader
12/11/18 4:24 p.m.

So, not in a weekend, and not even in 48 hours. Just 48 hours of assembly time, with a large professional crew over multiple work days, as part of year-long project taking hundreds of hours of effort, to update a car that had already been restored. What is supposed to be notable about this?

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
12/11/18 4:34 p.m.
Brian_13 said:

So, not in a weekend, and not even in 48 hours. Just 48 hours of assembly time, with a large professional crew over multiple work days, as part of year-long project taking hundreds of hours of effort, to update a car that had already been restored. What is supposed to be notable about this?

Do you mean beside everything you already mentioned?

D2W
D2W HalfDork
12/11/18 5:40 p.m.

Two questions.

How did you flare the front fenders?

What is MSRP of this project. Don't include labor, just the parts to duplicate.

I have a 67 Camaro that I have had since I was 15. I just turned 50 and its needs to be restored. I've been thinking about doing something like this. What's my cost

NOT A TA
NOT A TA Dork
12/11/18 6:08 p.m.
D2W said:

Two questions.

How did you flare the front fenders?

What is MSRP of this project. Don't include labor, just the parts to duplicate.

I have a 67 Camaro that I have had since I was 15. I just turned 50 and its needs to be restored. I've been thinking about doing something like this. What's my cost

An LS3 from Lingenfelter is $11,000.00 to $22,000.00 depending what version you get, then everything else!  I watched a lot of the build when they live streamed it.

Here's a link with pics of how the fenders were flared https://www.ridetech.com/info/ridetech-rides-the-48-hr-camaro-gets-some-aggressive-updates/

I've got my 67 RS SS convertible in the garage now putting in new trunk floor, trunk drop offs, torque boxes, etc.

livinon2wheels
livinon2wheels GRM+ Memberand New Reader
12/11/18 8:38 p.m.

This project is so far beyond the spirit of grassroots that I think it doesn't belong here. That said, I'm glad it is here because now I know what I could have done with that old Nova I had back in the day had I kept it and been able to spend the ridiculous money this project cost. Since the 74 Nova and 67-68 camaro shared the same underpinnings this is what could have happened to that old rust bucket of mine with enough money and support and patience to wait for the aftermarket to supply it. Alas it went away not long after an ex wife did. My best friend would tell me I got the better end of the deal. The car was a rust bucket disaster and the ex wife was worse. Life goes on. Still, this lingenfelter powered monster here would be a freaking ball to drive.  My Nova had roughly half the horsepower of this Camaro, 245/50-15 all around and as many tricks as you can do with the standard type suspension. Everything was in its stock location using mostly stock parts except for bushings, springs, and subframe spacers, bilstein shocks, Pontiac Trans-Am Snowflake aluminum wheels and an automatic with a shift kit in it. The combo made for a really fun autocross car and street car. Had many a good time in that car...with all I had done to it, it could in no way compare to this camaro...but what I will say is, mine was true grassroots, gravel driveway, no shade tree hotrodding....more true to the flavor of what this publication was built on. But I still want the Camaro... :) 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
16ERtpXwea6tncWvJiSgJXmmGOSIwMF27CqjNvplgc2byY6wFcztOvRQj2OH5g9V