1 2
Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/18/12 1:55 p.m.
Wayslow wrote:

I don't know...that intake/exhaust path looks kind of restrictive...

erohslc
erohslc HalfDork
10/18/12 2:06 p.m.

For a slimmer gearbox behind your 4AGE, consider a Ford Type 9. 1) It's British. 2) It's common (in Europe, only USDM usage was the Merkur) 3) It's relatively robust (but not so much in a Merkur).

Second thing, what about the Elan diff and driveline? Not so much fun if you are constantly breaking diffs or roto donuts.

monkeyodeath
monkeyodeath New Reader
10/18/12 2:46 p.m.

Oh man, that's what I'm talking about...sweet!

I know there's an Australian outfit that makes CV axles to replace the donuts.

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/18/12 2:55 p.m.

Didn't the guys on Wheeler Dealers get an off the shelf solution for the donut thing on the Lotus they did? I can't look at YouTube at work or I would look it up.

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/18/12 3:02 p.m.

In reply to Wayslow:

What's the story on the bike shock conversion in the rear? Any details???

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/18/12 3:29 p.m.
Rusted_Busted_Spit wrote: Didn't the guys on Wheeler Dealers get an off the shelf solution for the donut thing on the Lotus they did? I can't look at YouTube at work or I would look it up.

Yes, probably from Spyder Cars.

Carl Heideman
Carl Heideman
10/18/12 3:42 p.m.

Not what you're talking about, but here's a cool Elan with a Cosworth swap: http://auto-europe-sales.ebizautos.com/webdetail.aspx?iid=8014023

--Carl

Travis_K
Travis_K SuperDork
10/19/12 2:03 p.m.

I have seen an elan with a zetec and ITBs, that is one of the few engine swaps that seems to turn out as well as it sounds before you do it lol.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess UltimaDork
10/20/12 7:00 a.m.

This one won't last long:

> Tough post to write, but occasionally life deals you a less then perfect hand. In my case, Aces & Eights. > Therefore, the long-suffering Europa project 65-0323R has to go, and the sooner the better. I'd like to get $1500.00 for it. The chassis is on it's wheels, and the body is on a rolling cart. The engine, which is a Toyota silvertop, has issues, but is complete with John Pel's conversion, headers, alternator & starter. Stock Toyota fuel injection system with some spares. No windshield. Be warned that this is a resto-mod, and not a restoration; DPO certified, if you will. Many instances of me trying to prove I'm smarter then the designers. There's some pictures in the file section under 65-0323R. > > I have a signed title from the previous owner, but I haven't transferred it to my name. > > I don't wish to bore the collective with daily answers to questions, so please contact me off list for details. The car is in Bossier City, la, roughly 200 miles east of Dallas, tx. > > It's been fun guys!! > > Steve

If you're SERIOUSLY interested and ready to go get it, PM me and I'll give you his email. The 4AG adapter kit and motor is worth what he's asking.

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/20/12 8:59 a.m.

In reply to Dr. Hess:

I'm glad I'm far, far away, and have no room for a 3rd. But it sure would be interesting to compare a 4AGE vs. Zetec Europa - on a daily basis!

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess UltimaDork
10/20/12 11:11 a.m.

I'm not far enough away. Steve is a good guy. He gave me a half sheet of honeycomb carbon fiber board to do the firewall on Dr.Linda's S2. Fortunately, 4 Lotus is enough and I have no room to put a 5th.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
jYCKzYvnQAciTRzKwOmRhfsQMxFNqe48NlYz15zhCJPJI0AyTjWTd1p4jcdU8jvg