fritzsch
fritzsch HalfDork
2/25/13 1:02 p.m.

Hello,

Posted on Classic Motorsports page, but hoping to increase the responses by posting here as well. This isn't exactly motorsports related but I have a 1961 Lincoln Continental and I was thinking about a front disc brake swap. There is a kit available here. But once I consider the dual master cylinder and prop. valve I am over $1,000. I am thinking about buying the spindles, calipers, rotors from a 1969 lincoln continental and swapping them onto the 61. I would then buy a new dual master and prop valve from the above link.

Does anyone know if this is possible and what else I might need. Also what is a reasonable price for the front brake system from an old car?

cutter67
cutter67 Reader
2/25/13 1:08 p.m.

go with the 1965 it is a direct bolt on i dont know if the 69 is but i have done the 65 to 61 conversion. i love that year its not a ragtop is it

yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
2/25/13 1:13 p.m.
cutter67 wrote: i love that year its not a ragtop is it

readers rides appears to show hardtop....white looks unusual on those though.

fritzsch
fritzsch HalfDork
2/25/13 1:13 p.m.

Finding a donor/ someone selling what I need is the tricky bit. Ill be on the look out for a 65 though. When I had a lead on a 68, I was told all I would need to do is swap the spindles, so I am hoping the same goes for the 69.

And no sadly it is not a convertible

cutter67
cutter67 Reader
2/25/13 1:17 p.m.
fritzsch wrote: And no sadly it is not a convertible

dont feel sad you are 20 years old and you have a 61 linc they are a badass ride and i like the hardtop as much good luck with it

fritzsch
fritzsch HalfDork
2/25/13 1:23 p.m.

In reply to yamaha:

Its a (bad) repaint. I think an offwhite might look good, but I am also thinking about black when I eventually get to paint.

In reply to cutter67:

Thanks and I just sent an email about a 65, thanks for the tip. When you did the swap what all did you need?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2QOZ6toZuooW7iPTMaXMkro9ojTi652aXKlx5NB9wMEbB8fFtvsqReDMvpH1p1pv