dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/2/15 12:14 a.m.

Finally found one. Looks strait and it is a complete car with all the chrome but it is going to need every part on it touched. Interior is complete with the center consol but all the soft parts will need replacement. The price seems fair I hope to look at it later in the week. I have wanted this exact car for a very long time. The S22 version is what I have been looking for. Standard Comets are not to uncommon. The S22 is the two door with the higher optioned chrome. And what I call a split bench with a consol. Kind of bucket bench seats of you will.

Anyway I am excited. I an expecting the worst but hoping that it is worth saving. Photos don't show any major rust but I am fully expecting to have to replace the floors and trunk. I just hope the frame and structural components are good. My plan would be a restoration especially of it is a numbers matching car. If it is not then I am thinking tastful updates to the brakes stearing/suspendion for reliability and safty and some sort of SBF. I am thinking a 302 from an explorer with an OD trans. Then just restore the interior and the body to stock. A nice weekend cruser to get ice cream and the occasional cruse night.

dean1484
2/2/15 12:19 a.m.

I would do a burgandy and black paint job if I was not going to go back to the OE color but this is what the look like. I like the OE dog dish hubcaps and steeleys but the rims on this car are a period upgrade.

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/2/15 5:49 a.m.

That's a cool looking Comet!

Chris_V
Chris_V UltraDork
2/2/15 6:27 a.m.

This is my '63 S22:

And this is the plan that I photoshopped:

I've had this car for 20 years now, but the last 16 or so was spent in a carport at my folk's place back in Seattle. Almost sold it off, but then had it shipped to me in Baltimore this past year.

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/classic-cars/my-comet-is-coming-home/82076/page1/

44Dwarf
44Dwarf UltraDork
2/2/15 7:04 a.m.

Nice!

dean1484
2/2/15 8:34 a.m.

Have you noticed that every one of these cars seem to have a bent rear bumper? I don't think I have seen a un restored car with a strait rear bumper. I am hoping those are not special to the comet.

Chris. That is a nice looking ride. The one my dad had was a light tan. Kind of like the color of coffee with cream in it.

with about three feet of snow on the ground and another foot expected today I don't think getting down to look at the car I found is going to happen any time this week.

850Combat
850Combat New Reader
2/2/15 8:47 a.m.

I like the ivory color they came with. Wimbledon White maybe? That with a red interior.

I bought a '63 Falcon Sprint 15 or so years ago. It was great looking, but I decided it would take too much to make it run turn and stop like I wanted it to, and that it was too fine of an example to mess with. Lots of potential though. '64 and up, then all the mass produced go faster Mustang stuff bolts on...

Keep us posted

dean1484
2/2/15 9:39 a.m.

This is a car I saw at a Show a couple years back that I really like.

Rupert
Rupert HalfDork
2/2/15 10:30 a.m.

Wow! I guess I never noticed till I saw these last pictures. A Comet is a Falcon with a set of Impala Taillights! That one is nicer than any I remember seeing when they were new.

Great looking car!!

dean1484
2/2/15 11:04 a.m.

And it actually has the triangular vent windows!!!! I really wish that these had been retained by car manufacturers.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/2/15 11:16 a.m.

my late great grandmothers car was a 2 door 1963 comet in white with ( I think I remember) a blue interior. Up until about 1990, she would drive it up from Florida to NJ to spend the summers with us and my Grandmother and then hightail it back to Florida for winter.

I have very fond memories of that car

oldeskewltoy
oldeskewltoy SuperDork
2/2/15 7:11 p.m.

my bothers owned a regular 63 Comet.... (in the mid 70s) 170 6 with 3 on the tree... It could only leave rubber in reverse

dean1484
2/3/15 10:40 p.m.

I will just leave this here:

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
FMXvjykX3mTwCeR2RlpV4KVaHiA5tR5xAxzBkmN3lefxV7A90YYYIJNG4q2CHFfI