1 ... 9 10 11
Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltraDork
9/28/12 12:46 p.m.

It's still a little rough, still got an off idle stumble. But holy hell it goes like stink. That was a second gear-smash-th-go-pedal-counter-steer-and-hold-on.

Now to find a buyer..... anyone looking for a mechanically "new" C4?

dculberson
dculberson SuperDork
9/28/12 12:52 p.m.

I would love one but I'm a little overextended at the moment. :-( Bad timing.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltraDork
9/28/12 12:53 p.m.

I'm not in a hurry.... 've got until spring.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltraDork
10/6/12 8:46 p.m.

So I got the new TPS adjusted, timing set and adjusted the fuel pressure again. Idles great at 800rpms now. Took it for a short API "around the block" ...... Hole. Lee. Chit. This thing pulls Linda freight train to 6000rpms like a fat kid on his way to an al you can eat cake buffet after spending a week at fat camp. It's...well ... Awesome.

dj06482
dj06482 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/6/12 9:21 p.m.
Bobzilla wrote: So I got the new TPS adjusted, timing set and adjusted the fuel pressure again. Idles great at 800rpms now. Took it for a short API "around the block" ...... Hole. Lee. Chit. This thing pulls Linda freight train to 6000rpms like a fat kid on his way to an al you can eat cake buffet after spending a week at fat camp. It's...well ... Awesome.

Congrats! Glad to see this all worked out for you - hopefully you've decided not to sell it

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltraDork
10/8/12 7:42 a.m.

No, it's still for sale.....or I should say WILL be. I lost tach signal yesterday. Looks like the wire on the plug for the coil is loose.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltraDork
10/9/12 8:19 a.m.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c4s-for-sale-wanted/3144964-fs-1988-z51-4-3-a.html#post1582030528

It's officially for sale.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UberDork
5/28/13 8:57 a.m.

And she's gone. I finally made it down to the National Corvette Museum:

Although I do have to admit I never anticipated it happening quite like that. At least she still have a home here on GRM. I can't believe how emotionally attached to it I had become. I didn't have any of these post-partem feelings with the Swift.

dculberson
dculberson UltraDork
5/28/13 10:01 a.m.

Dang. Now someone confess. who bought it??

Powar
Powar Dork
5/28/13 10:03 a.m.

I went to the 'Vette museum for the first time last Friday. Cool place.

Cotton
Cotton SuperDork
5/28/13 10:04 a.m.

I bought it! I also sold my 87 944 Turbo right after I picked up the vette, so it turned out to be a very crazy day. First up is a good dyno tune, then some cosmetic TLC. I've wanted a c4 for awhile now, and this is my first vette, so I'm excited about it.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UberDork
5/28/13 10:06 a.m.

I'm glad it went to someone that can appreciate what it is! It sounded so good pulling away from me.... made me sad.

HAve any problems on the ride home?

Cotton
Cotton SuperDork
5/28/13 10:16 a.m.

In reply to Bobzilla:

No problems at all on the way home. Did you hear the kid yell "nice car" at me as I was pulling out? lol Fastest compliment I've got post purchase.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UberDork
5/28/13 10:27 a.m.

LOL Nice!

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/28/13 10:43 a.m.

Glad to see it's "staying in the family"! Well sold and bought.

Does this mean the Forte project is on a fast-track now Bob?

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UberDork
5/28/13 11:55 a.m.

Forte project never got slowed down. We're still waiting on K-Sport to manufacture the suspension.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UberDork
5/28/13 12:00 p.m.

Oh... and the reason I asked about issues headed home for Jeff was it pulled one last "Screw you Bob I am going to make your life hell one more time" and decided it didn't want to start. Nothing more embarrassing than driving 5 hours to deliver a running car that refuses to start.

1 ... 9 10 11

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
6QvaHJu5s5Mxb4a1Y44BHekxkSvkS40ErmkrRp9bUrC3NWEa5O6FDagdhNJVpd5i