1 2
Harvey
Harvey GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
4/27/15 10:11 a.m.

Well, there is also this for reference.

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/daily-driving-a-cheap-porsche-911-996-what-could-possibly-go-wrong/92344/page1/

Jcamper
Jcamper Reader
4/27/15 10:22 a.m.

Edited so my pic shows.

4Msfam: yes, in Longview actually, so I have autocrossed with the Oregon Porsche Club quite a few times. Haven't in the past year or so, have been focused on finishing school, remodeling a new house, etc.. They are my favorite group to run with, but autocrossing has been in lieu of what I have always wanted to do, which is road race.

When I bought the Porsche, I knew it would be nice, but what I wasn't prepared for is the performance. It is mind boggling how well it can play Accord and then just swap to eating up road like Cookie Monster. I was expecting it to be slower than the SVO based on its specs, but it is impressive how much traction it has off the corner, and the suspension and steering are phenomenal. On a twisty road it is quicker, and even in all-out acceleration, it is closer than it has a right to be. It has the "sport exhaust" option and the sounds it makes are wonderful. I even changed the oil in it this weekend and didn't have to drive it up on anything to slide my jack underneath it. Good stuff.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
HxfT0FlACW8IBcyGs5g4Kp305ffT15ACA8n9c9ZKTg1s0LJtt2DojJcEG1qaFYNT