Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/22/19 9:02 p.m.

Not mine, etc...

The bridge jack is probably worth close to his asking price.

Drive on lift
Ledyard, CT7 hours ago
$1,000

Drive on lift 9k lb capacity came with my new shop don’t need and don’t know specifics come get it goes up and down. You come and dismantle and haul away.

Seller Information

Woody
8/22/19 9:09 p.m.

Just noticed that it's set up for alignments too!

I'm actually in the market for a four post lift right now, but getting this thing moved would be impossible for me.

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
8/22/19 9:49 p.m.
Woody said:

I'm actually in the market for a four post lift right now, but getting this thing moved would be impossible for me.

There are companies that specialize in tearing down and reinstalling them.  That would be the easy button.

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/22/19 10:05 p.m.

That’s cheap. 

Woody
8/23/19 10:20 a.m.
Cotton said:
Woody said:

There are companies that specialize in tearing down and reinstalling them.  That would be the easy button.

Even so, the cost of sending a crew to knock it down, transport it 90 minutes away and reassemble it has to come close to the cost of a new one with a warranty and setup.

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
8/23/19 11:31 a.m.
Woody said:
Cotton said:
Woody said:

Even so, the cost of sending a crew to knock it down, transport it 90 minutes away and reassemble it has to come close to the cost of a new one with a warranty and setup.

Had mine done last year. It was a two post. The guys tore it down, moved it, installed it, filled the hydraulic fluid, and tested it, for $750. I gave the two dudes a $100 tip since they did a great job and put up with some E36 M3 from the seller.

However, they said that I shouldve just bought a used unit from them as they had basically the same thing at the same price as the seller I found, and they weren't dicks.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
8/23/19 11:45 a.m.
Woody said:
Cotton said:
Woody said:

I did the same thing as Robbie did- but it wasn't even that much money.  IIRC, it was more like $350  (ok, it was more like 9 years ago now), and it happened to be tech's from the actual company who makes them, since they are sourced locally.  The cost of teardown and set up is not the high cost part of this.

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/23/19 11:46 a.m.
Woody said:
Cotton said:
Woody said:

No way!! With the alignment + bridge jack setup you are probably looking at no less than $6k. Unless you dont care about those features. 

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
8/23/19 1:42 p.m.
Woody said:
Cotton said:
Woody said:

I doubt it.  Definitely worth checking on.  When I had a local company tear down and transport one for me it was very reasonable.

Just as an additional data point.  I paid close to 4K for my extra tall 9k Bendpak with no bridge jacks or alignment goodies.

SlowNB
SlowNB New Reader
8/23/19 7:47 p.m.

I picked my 2 post up with a uhaul trailer and was able to pull it out and set it up with one other guy, an engine hoist and a couple of dollies. I’m only about 20 minutes from there if you decide to go for it and need a hand.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Ip17C5wx8p3T7ufTUsKprCRz7GtS4cDdGeQKrqxuIaAhFfjtbMBE6biY3awYKfCu