1 2
SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
11/5/15 5:34 p.m.

In reply to Ed Higginbotham:

No worries here. Just a bit of playful banter.

The car was not finished until the day of the event, and every day has either been racing, raining, or me going to work. I'm waiting for a good day to go out and have decent photoshoot of the car, and I will start a thread to share the love with the online community.

It was done by many in this community, FOR this community, and I would not want anyone to miss some of the detailing just because they couldn't make it to the Challenge.

Hopefully we'll get a nice weekend.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
11/6/15 5:04 a.m.

The last few years I've really missed the cars I would call the "radical builds". I was really happy to see a few new efforts like the Justang and the Insight.

It was also great to see so much new blood. Lots of new faces, and new inspiration!

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/6/15 7:11 a.m.

I can't be too upset the Mumpkin didn't get coverage from the TV station...on one hand it was visually spectacular, which should appeal to anyone; but on the other hand it was covered in inside jokes that are indecipherable and confusing to an outsider You have to be a gearhead to even get the 787b reference. That's no problem for the goal of doing well in the concours, which it did.

The Shotgun sticker was my idea BTW

Petrolburner
Petrolburner HalfDork
11/6/15 1:48 p.m.

Really a pretty nice video for a civilian!

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
11/7/15 7:46 a.m.

In reply to Petrolburner:

I agree. It's a pretty nice video.

Dan Scanlan is an automotive journalist for the Florida Sun Times in Jacksonville. I spoke to him for a while at the Challenge. He's been to many of the Challenges. Is that what you meant by "civilian"?

ckosacranoid
ckosacranoid Dork
11/8/15 2:19 a.m.

i am very bummed, i did not even make a background shot even anywhere in the video...sigh....and there where lots of shots over by the booth but no wagon...sigh...

evildky
evildky SuperDork
11/10/15 12:03 p.m.

I didn't realize Spkorb (Sean Puffy Korb) was there. Haven't seen that guy since the suprang.

DDT
DDT New Reader
11/12/15 8:37 p.m.

In reply to sethmeister4:

I'm now proud I caught the odd little details on that manifold. That seems like a cool use able 4dsc

DDT
DDT New Reader
11/14/15 2:03 p.m.

In reply to sethmeister4:

I'm now proud I caught the odd little details on that manifold. That seems like a cool use able 4dsc

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
DWZIyak74tIuPopzaL1OruztZV2gDezGF2umwojjfkJRqwpb6g2k50GU1PkQUuw8