1 2 3 4
bravenrace
bravenrace SuperDork
4/21/11 6:44 a.m.

The new Civic si is going to have a 2.4l engine, and 31 lb-ft more torque than the current car. And in my opinion, is better looking also. It has a 6 speed trans to boot! I may be wrong, but I don't think the current si does. I'm just sayin'. Check it out:

Autoblog Article

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
4/21/11 6:49 a.m.
Wiki said: The North American market Civic Si is a special trim level designed to offer a sportier experience than the standard Civic. It offers a more powerful engine, 6-speed manual transmission, sport seats, and different styling.
Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
4/21/11 6:50 a.m.

BTW, I don't think the 9th gen is very attractive. It looks like a steaming pile of poo in comparison to the 8th gen. (and the 7th gen looks incredibly dated...)

bravenrace
bravenrace SuperDork
4/21/11 6:51 a.m.
Maroon92 wrote: BTW, I don't think the 9th gen is very attractive. It looks like a steaming pile of poo in comparison to the 8th gen. (and the 7th gen looks incredibly dated...)

That's your opinion, and you are absolutely entitled for it to be wrong.

Strizzo
Strizzo SuperDork
4/21/11 6:58 a.m.

I'm guessing it's a variant of the k24 that was in the first gen tsx, ad a popular swap into rsx back in the day. not a bad motor, but not the screamer the 2.0 is

RossD
RossD Dork
4/21/11 6:58 a.m.

and yet again, does nothing for me.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
4/21/11 7:01 a.m.

T.J.
T.J. SuperDork
4/21/11 7:10 a.m.

In reply to aussiesmg:

I can't figure out if you posted that in support of Civics or as proof that the styling is boring. I do admit that I get a kick out whichever Civics have the double speedometers. One of the two is such a big display I like to use them on the interstate to check the accuracy of my speedo from the next lane.

The new one looks identical to the current one to me, but I don't really pay much attention to the newer civics. They are just smaller Camry's in my book.

MA$$hole
MA$$hole Reader
4/21/11 7:12 a.m.

Looks an awful lot like the newer Corolla IMO. But than again that is one of it's main competitors so I guess it works? Still needs more torque.

tuna55
tuna55 Dork
4/21/11 7:14 a.m.

Here is what you do to make that car make sense. Take yourself out of the typical Civic buyer mentality. Not remove the nameplate from the car mentally and slap on "Accord". Now look at buying a four door midsize car, and an Accord Si. Now everything makes sense. If they made a Fit Si, you could consider that the Civic Si. Weight and size has made these things unrecognizable.

bravenrace
bravenrace SuperDork
4/21/11 7:19 a.m.

In reply to T.J.:

None of them have two speedometers. They have an anolog tachometer and a digital speedometer. And the point of my post was that a 31 lb ft increase in torque in a car like this is pretty significant, and will surely improve the onroad driving experience.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork

No judgment, not really a Honda guy, just posting a pic to see what the fuss/lack of is about.

Personally I find it boring and I am glad I chose the Elantra

bravenrace
bravenrace SuperDork
tuna55 wrote: Here is what you do to make that car make sense. Take yourself out of the typical Civic buyer mentality. Not remove the nameplate from the car mentally and slap on "Accord". Now look at buying a four door midsize car, and an Accord Si. Now everything makes sense. If they made a Fit Si, you could consider that the Civic Si. Weight and size has made these things unrecognizable.

I have no idea what you just said.

bravenrace
bravenrace SuperDork
4/21/11 7:21 a.m.
aussiesmg wrote:

What is your reason for showing the current Civic sedan when I'm talking about the 2012 Civic si coupe?

bravenrace
bravenrace SuperDork
4/21/11 7:22 a.m.

After hearing forever on this board criticizm of the Civics lack of torque, I guess it shouldn't surprise me at all that when I post about what amounts to a huge increase in torque, all I get are comments about the styling and how it doesn't rev as high as the old one. Sheez.

tuna55
tuna55 Dork
4/21/11 7:24 a.m.
bravenrace wrote:
tuna55 wrote: Here is what you do to make that car make sense. Take yourself out of the typical Civic buyer mentality. Not remove the nameplate from the car mentally and slap on "Accord". Now look at buying a four door midsize car, and an Accord Si. Now everything makes sense. If they made a Fit Si, you could consider that the Civic Si. Weight and size has made these things unrecognizable.
I have no idea what you just said.

I am trying to say that this new 2012 car makes way more sense as an Accord to those that say it's not enough like the Civis of old.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla Dork
4/21/11 7:25 a.m.

Didn't like the old ones. Don't like the new ones. I didn't think they could get any more bland, but once again Honda showed me that I could be wrong.

cghstang
cghstang HalfDork
4/21/11 7:38 a.m.

Do like the old ones. Do like the new ones. Still waiting for '07 Si Sedans to get down to $6k, I think I'll be waiting awhile.

Isn't it great that there are so many choices to appease (almost) each and every one of us wierdos ?

tuna55
tuna55 Dork
4/21/11 7:47 a.m.

In reply to cghstang:

What's special about the '07s?

Fletch1
Fletch1 Reader
4/21/11 7:54 a.m.

I couldn't help but look more at the Si in your avatar

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
4/21/11 7:56 a.m.

Nice looking Accord. Wonder if they will ever release another Civic.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
4/21/11 8:06 a.m.
bravenrace wrote: What is your reason for showing the current Civic sedan when I'm talking about the 2012 Civic si coupe?

It's the only pic I found of a 2012 Civic and you did not mention the coupe, maybe you should post a pic of the car you are addressing in this thread. Just saying

Edit:

Photobucket

cghstang
cghstang HalfDork
4/21/11 8:07 a.m.

In reply to tuna55: '07 was the first year for the sedan Si in the US as far as I know. I'd take any year 8th gen. if it was cheap enough.

'12 Si Couple

tuna55
tuna55 Dork
4/21/11 8:10 a.m.
DILYSI Dave wrote: Nice looking Accord. Wonder if they will ever release another Civic.

Exactly. Seriously nice Accord, though. I think the Fit is the Civic hatch - if they made an Si version of it we'd be set.

cghstang
cghstang HalfDork
4/21/11 8:11 a.m.

Too bad the vent window is non-functional

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zQKns6ZfSMfmroMQWP8yCjju6SATk0mo8BTB44N278S0OSk2UpLq7YOOVxX8wiKm