Carson
Carson Dork
3/14/18 9:49 a.m.

Did any of you happen to work at Annis Porsche and Audi in the late '70s/early 80's?

A friend has a project Caddy with doors from a Rabbit from the dealership's shop car? loaner?

Anyway, he thought it would be cool to find the history if anyone new it and bonus points for pictures of the dealership/car before it became Bernardi Honda in '92.

revhard
revhard Reader
3/14/18 11:55 a.m.

I wasnt born then but i live very close to natick if you need help in that regard.

Carson
Carson Dork
3/14/18 6:58 p.m.

Thanks for the offer, my friend is outside of Boston too, but if something comes up, I’ll let you know. 

pkung
pkung New Reader
3/16/18 11:02 a.m.

I also can't really help much, but I think shop car is much more likely than loaner. My family bought an '80 Vanagon new so I spent many days of my childhood playing on 944's and Quantums in the showroom and front lot of Annis while they attempted to fix the Vanagon. I have no recollection of loaners being common, nor seeing any Rabbit with painted doors so that would suggest it was kept mostly around back. It does seem like the sort of thing that would have imprinted on my young brain.

Also I don't think I have any photos taken there before 1993, when I'm sure that Rabbit would have been long-gone. 

Good luck.

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory UberDork
3/16/18 5:03 p.m.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9MW6K75aqP4FO6dyLdivBkjVArt1IWIQsHvtuSh6eCNtM7sI7jEPoHgx9sRxy1Nk