noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand Reader
4/5/12 8:55 a.m.

Is there a GRM solution to upper strut mounts for a A2/A3 Golf Jetta? I have newish Konis on the A3 Jetta so I don't want to spend money on more new struts there... The A2 Golf is another story... Of course I don't want to spend more than I have to. But stock front strut mounts leave me underwhelmed... Thanks...

Travis_K
Travis_K SuperDork
4/5/12 11:27 a.m.

http://www.ground-control-store.com/products/description.php/II=727/CA=195

From what I have heard (my friend has them), they would be well worth it at twice the price. And you dont have to hack up your car like you would to use cheap bolt on plates. Otherwise most people just use the VR6 ones, but I think they only work with the later springs unless you buy the special spring hats from techtonics.

Paul_VR6
Paul_VR6 HalfDork
4/5/12 1:39 p.m.

Any spring works but you need the "vr6" upper hats.

I have seen someone use a non adjustable, bolt in upper bearing for a Subaru but I am having a hard time remembering details.

Cone_Junky
Cone_Junky Dork
4/5/12 1:41 p.m.

The VR6 mounts will also give the front about a 1/2" lift. Bonrath makes a upper perch that compensates for that.

noddaz
4/5/12 2:09 p.m.

Thanks!

Travis_K
Travis_K SuperDork
4/5/12 3:40 p.m.

The switch from rabbit style to mk3 style spring hats took place during mk2 production, so I'm pretty sure that not all mk2 springs can be used without special spring hats. It was a while ago since I last did it so I could remember wrong though.

noddaz
4/5/12 3:48 p.m.

Some more digging found me this from some rally guys... The blue is urethane poured in the empty space to reinforce the stock mount.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4suuhJf7WC0pf5Bm2vcUrBZu6GlnTCvVHVYOR67LoBEeY0PFKzi2demXVu7E5v54