RubenCarner
RubenCarner
5/29/20 3:25 a.m.

Hello

So I know a lot of people say that you're better off not having a car cover for your daily driver, but I live in an apartment where I have to park outside. Usually not an issue, but I'm right under a tree that is constantly dropping leaves on top of my 2017 Mustang and they're getting into the gaps where my hood and trunk are. On top of that, there are birds, sap, and dust to worry about. I live in California so moisture isn't really an issue most of the time, but I wanted opinions on this. Is a car cover still more detrimental given all of these details?

Thanks

irish44j (Forum Supporter)
irish44j (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/29/20 7:21 a.m.

It really just depends on what your priority is. I put car covers on my E30 rally car and my 1988 Porsche, which sit in my driveway and are under a giant oak tree. So it does prevent stuff from getting dropped on them but more importantly it keeps them from leaking when it rains (which they do). My daily driver 2018 GTI sits right behind them under the same tree on the driveway with no cover, my primary reason to use covers is to keep my old cars from leaking, And also because the rally car has no locks so I would rather make it more difficult for someone to get inside lol.

I would definitely find it to be a hassle to put a cover on my daily driver. When I get up at 6:00 in the morning and I'm wearing my work clothes I would rather not mess with a dirty car cover.

Just to add I really don't care about the paint on any of my cars in any significant way so that has no effect on using a cover one way or the other, for me.

irish44j (Forum Supporter)
irish44j (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/29/20 7:23 a.m.

maybe you should just leave a hose out next to your car and spray it down for 30 seconds every morning to get any junk off.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xZ5wLos0nCvzwEc2tnHvtqkEypRrAFfyhJKJ4aecceiZQNWeF1YyN7adOmCeOWIK