David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
5/26/20 2:30 p.m.
feature_image

The American Endurance Racing season has been released from pit lane. While the group’s Watkins Glen event was canceled, it has added a new event: June 6-7 at Ohio’s Nelson Ledges Road Course.

From the AER Facebook page: “On Saturday morning we will have open track HPDE for those registered to race then qualifying in the afternoon. Sunday will feature …

Read the rest of the story

TasdevEngineer2of3
TasdevEngineer2of3 New Reader
5/26/20 5:06 p.m.

Is Nelsons track surface any smoother than it used to be? Only one I ever experienced that would blur my vision with the complement of bumps. But I have never driven dirt.

chandler
chandler PowerDork
5/26/20 5:09 p.m.

It's very nice

collinskl1
collinskl1 GRM+ Memberand Reader
5/27/20 6:37 a.m.
TasdevEngineer2of3 said:

Is Nelsons track surface any smoother than it used to be? Only one I ever experienced that would blur my vision with the complement of bumps. But I have never driven dirt.

They repaved it a couple years ago and added apex curbing. The toilets flush now, the rickety tech shed is no more, and the armco barrier between the front straight and pit lane has just been replaced with concrete.

I ran a track day there last year and it was a blast. It's still a rustic facility, but nothing like "old" Nelson Ledges. I'm going for a track day on Saturday, and am really excited.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Q1es2g6SbH8VLXlbDmsxKkqgGdCQun7NXS8jvEUYUHqmEIYEAtPFu8dRVqcesWgd