christinaylam (Forum Supporter)
christinaylam (Forum Supporter) New Reader
5/26/20 8:35 a.m.

Read Part 7.

We didn’t build a new race car in 60 days for any race. We did it for the biggest race on the calendar. 

The SCCA Runoffs have over 50 years of history, dating back to 1964 at Riverside International Raceway. Racers flock from across the country to compete for the chance to become a national champion. It …

Read the rest of the story

IndyLegend33
IndyLegend33 New Reader
5/26/20 1:26 p.m.

So you're telling us the first actual race with the car was a championship race in the rain? A P12 finish of 19 cars total in a competitive class is an accomplishment to say the least... not to mention you built the car from scratch in less than 60 days. You kept it in one piece where the risks were high. I just found the broadcast on SCCA's website. Wish I could have flown out to see the Runoffs last year... Hoping to bring the old boss #15 out to run Indy for 2021. Hope to see you there!

Tom1200
Tom1200 Dork
5/26/20 4:40 p.m.

These slam-fest usually end with a DNF so kudos for getting the car on track and moving up several positions. It's a huge accomplishment.

BigsexySVG
BigsexySVG New Reader
5/27/20 11:50 p.m.

Wow, you've covered it all in one season. Amazing achievement by you and your team. I admire your drive with all that adversity. Most would have called it a season at the crash. Looking forward to seeing what's next for you. Christina are you planning to run at this years Runoffs? Keep pushing and don't let anything get in your way. 

christinaylam (Forum Supporter)
christinaylam (Forum Supporter) New Reader
5/28/20 9:53 a.m.

In reply to Tom1200 :

Thank you! I think once the whole field got through T1 clean I was reminded of the fact that the guys who show up to the Runoffs are some of the best of the best in club racing. We all raced with respect and cleanly despite the horrid conditions. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Ak8Glh79kl284wTT3h2BRBeTEPC6SujUnREG2OHxr3pjf5kXUmRFi7uMiFJelnIC