RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/10/18 7:24 p.m.

Instead of taking over DC region's thread, might as well start my own. 

Allegheny highland region SCCA is hosting 2 autocross and 6 rally cross events this year.

Auto cross will be at the Jimmy Stewart airport in Indiana, PA. rally cross will be at the Somerset county fairgrounds in Meyersdale, PA. 

Autocross will be May 5th and August 18th. Registration and tech at 9, first cars off at 11. 

Rally Cross on the other hand 

Registration is open now on Motorsports Reg for the first event, with daily schedule and everything on their.

New for this year are the AHR bounty hunt, and the rallyist contingency program. Full details are in pdfs during registration but the gist of it is this.

Bounty hunt: win 2 events in a row, and $20 is put on your head. Every weekend that goes on another 20 goes in the pot, winner gets the cash at the end of the season. If there's no winner, it rolls over to next year. 

Contingency: slap on some AHR stickers during your races, rally sprints, stage rallies. Real cage and logbook cars only. (This is a paraphrase of a 2 page rule)

RevRico
3/16/18 10:12 p.m.

And I just got the email from Jeremy saying event 1 is called due to E36 M3 weather. 

RevRico
3/28/18 11:33 a.m.

Just added Ebensburg Airport June 16th and September 15th. 

So 4 autocross days this year, all airports. 

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit SuperDork
3/28/18 11:48 a.m.

Bit of a drive, but I will keep this in mind.

Paul

snailmont5oh
snailmont5oh HalfDork
3/28/18 6:55 p.m.

I've been telling people that I'm gonna autocross locally this year, to try and save money and maybe mentor some of the young locals that keep saying that they're gonna do it, but don't. Now it looks like my local autocrossing is gonna be an airport tour. 14 days of autocross scheduled so far, and 11 of them are at airports!  

RevRico
4/13/18 7:01 p.m.

Bring your wet weather gear if you're coming Sunday. I haven't seen or heard from any of those in charge to know if they're going to postpone again, but the weather is looking thunder stormy all day. 

RevRico
4/19/18 11:30 a.m.

Some interesting stats from the first event of the season. Results are on the face place page, it wouldn't let me copy text. 

snailmont5oh
snailmont5oh HalfDork
4/26/18 3:07 p.m.

Sounds like an overall successful event. I hope to make it out to one of those this year, at least to help. 

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UberDork
5/12/18 10:58 p.m.

Registration is open for the next event on May 27. 

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UberDork
5/25/18 5:29 p.m.

After a vote, they are still running Sunday barring "hurricane weather".

I won't be there, truck isn't ready and neither is the quad, but so far signups are low so you could get a lot of runs in. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
n2JKcZIyi08aECpaxicMKCIZT74XZBS9d1xveMBgBeOCRlbIX7HJvKiv1SCICA1M