fidelity101
fidelity101 New Reader
8/14/12 7:58 a.m.

I recently picked up an rx8 6 speed for my 7 for the price of lunch, it is supposedly blown but I have the case apart and I see no busted gears, I think it has a shift fork issue more than anything.

The rx8 service manual just shows you how to do clutch oriented things and how to R&R the transmission, but not overhaul.

I don;t care about how weak or strong or w/e, I just want to know how to disassemble this so I can figure out if I want to rebuild it or not.

The best thing I got is the parts explosion from mazdaspeed motorsports.

I know the FRS/S2000/Miata/IS200 etc share the AZ6 (although they are all slightly different) Anyone got an overhaul manual or someone that works with these that can help point me in the right direction?

I have been scowering the internet and I cannot find a service manual on this sucker.

oldeskewltoy
oldeskewltoy HalfDork
8/14/12 10:58 a.m.

I was able to post and get a manual about 8 months ago. The Mazda version is known as the Y16M-D, or at least the Miata version of it.

I posted somewhere(forgotten...) and someone got back in touch with me. The Mazda manual is 200 megs... so not small.

Most of the Toyota/Lexus manual is available - http://www.gearboxconversion.com/lexus%20sxe10.html

Oh one BIG rant... the S2000 is NOT an AZ6..... photos showing the difference \/

The top unit is the S2000, the 2nd one is the J160(Toyota), the 3rd is Miata (butchered), and the 4th unit is the S15(Nissan)

Note that the basic architecture is COMPLETELY different... the S2000 box is NOT an AZ6

oldeskewltoy
oldeskewltoy HalfDork
8/14/12 11:45 a.m.

I haven't read it through... but this appears to be the manual you seek

http://am.mazdaserviceinfo.com/emazda/dealersystem/service/esi/en_us/OH/1774-1U-03C.pdf

fidelity101
fidelity101 New Reader
8/14/12 3:18 p.m.

and neither of the links you provided show up :(

but with some quick google searching of that document number that is EXACTLY what I am looking for!

if this works out on the cheap, prepare for a DIY rx8 swap your FC.

RossD
RossD UltraDork
8/14/12 3:24 p.m.

This website seems to have a lot of good information. I've never delt with them but you could give them a call.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1Bhv72l92vC0cMAGP2ON38rgmUB0IVgjcSBIvmEhqnQzfCW0qFeRyEJthqUOAFCw