1 2
Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
9/15/09 12:00 p.m.

Of course, it's in Readers' Rides, so you can place your votes here: http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/reader-rides/1949/

wheels777
wheels777 HalfDork
9/15/09 1:57 p.m.

Nishe!!!!!

probesport
probesport New Reader
9/15/09 6:44 p.m.

What do the votes do?

Nashco
Nashco SuperDork
9/15/09 7:01 p.m.

Ok, I'll be the guy to throw it out there...what does it have to do with motorsports? As mentioned, if you haven't been over the HAMB, you should check it out.

Bryce

Appleseed
Appleseed Dork
9/15/09 7:25 p.m.
Nashco wrote: Ok, I'll be the guy to throw it out there...what does it have to do with motorsports? As mentioned, if you haven't been over the HAMB, you should check it out. Bryce

Lakes modifieds started racing the dry lakes of California in the 30s and 40s. While it's doubtful this rod will ever race there, we can treat it as a historical representation of those early race cars.

For wheels, that thing is begging for wide fives.

probesport
probesport New Reader
9/15/09 8:16 p.m.

It really didn't I was posting my motorsport vehicle (here) and then my hotrod came up so I made a post about it as well.

And yes, my goal was to make what I thought a lakes car would have been back in the day, I am glad that vibe is coming off - and I am on the HAMB, nice board but very unfriendly to my other car passions :)

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
9/15/09 8:57 p.m.

You will not find that problem here

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado Dork
9/15/09 9:00 p.m.
probesport wrote: What do the votes do?

They let everyone here know that there's something seriously cool to look at.

gjz30075
gjz30075 New Reader
9/16/09 7:05 a.m.

Nice job of updating/backdating, or whatever. But it's quite an improvement over the purple. One of these days, purple will be the rage again. Very nice rod. Thanks for posting.

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/16/09 7:35 a.m.

so beautiful

alfadriver
alfadriver HalfDork
9/16/09 7:38 a.m.
Nashco wrote: Ok, I'll be the guy to throw it out there...what does it have to do with motorsports? As mentioned, if you haven't been over the HAMB, you should check it out. Bryce

Bryce, my friend. You need to get to Bonneville sometime. Motorsports isn't always about turning both directions.

Eric

Nashco
Nashco SuperDork
9/16/09 12:18 p.m.

As mentioned above, I highly doubt this car will ever see any motorsport...including top speed runs.

Bonneville is actually at the #1 spot on my list of automotive events to do before I die, it got bumped up after I went to Pikes Peak last year. Unfortunately, this year it overlapped with the West Coast $2009 event. I really wish I had gone to Bonneville instead of San Diego. Next year it is definitely happening, though. I've always thought it was cool, but watching The World's Fastest Indian sealed the deal. Cheesy, but true.

Bryce

Xceler8x
Xceler8x GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/16/09 12:22 p.m.
Nashco wrote: As mentioned above, I highly doubt this car will ever see any motorsport...including top speed runs. Bonneville is actually at the #1 spot on my list of automotive events to do before I die......but watching The World's Fastest Indian sealed the deal. Cheesy, but true.

You and me both. I was a serious Buell'er when Team Elves went the first time and kicked myself for not going. I still have their commemorative T-shirt for donating to the cause.

I'll have to go one day.

probesport
probesport New Reader
10/1/09 7:39 a.m.

I would love to hit up speed week at least once in my lifetime, helluva drive from Detroit tho...

CrackMonkey
CrackMonkey HalfDork
10/1/09 8:57 a.m.

That car makes my pants tight.

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/1/09 2:19 p.m.
probesport wrote: yeah the Astro's are ok for now, I got them with the tires on a deal I couldn't pass up. When i burn off the rears I will probably go artillery wheels and Hurst cheaters. Carbs are Ford/Holley 94's, but are mistaken for Stromberg 97s all the time. It drives surprisingly well, only issues are accelerating into or out of a corner tends to bring the front end up off the ground a bit more than I would like.

Wait, what? It does wheelies?

alfadriver
alfadriver HalfDork
10/1/09 2:28 p.m.
probesport wrote: I would love to hit up speed week at least once in my lifetime, helluva drive from Detroit tho...

That's why I fly.

Or hook up with a team, and volunteer to drive a shift.

bfs416
bfs416 New Reader
10/1/09 8:39 p.m.

Could you auto cross that ? That would be quite an experience in car controll

bfs416
bfs416 New Reader
10/1/09 8:40 p.m.

Could you auto cross that ? That would be quite an experience in car controll

seeker589
seeker589 New Reader
10/1/09 9:50 p.m.

In reply to probesport:

That is very nice. I'd be very proud to drive that! Was it a Total Performance kit?

If that is your FIRST freehand pinstripe effort - holy crap! How long did you practice? It really looks nice on the flat black paint.

seeker589
seeker589 New Reader
10/1/09 9:53 p.m.

In reply to bfs416:

I agree with this guy!

Autocross the bucket!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
MvwB0T9RBWCgzhL5kRtqsGEoLaDejJWheH9WI6Cd9kKRslBu2CfmARXdKvLlCK1p