Mike
Mike GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/26/16 5:15 p.m.

Oh snap. 1995 SL500?

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man Dork
4/26/16 5:22 p.m.

In reply to Mike:

It's a 1991. If you look closely, the lower cladding is that grey they used in that period.

Stefan (Not Bruce)
Stefan (Not Bruce) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/26/16 5:30 p.m.

Well... that is certainly dumb.

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man Dork
4/26/16 5:34 p.m.

In reply to Stefan (Not Bruce):

But at least I have experience with them, and the price is good.

NGTD
NGTD UltraDork
4/26/16 5:37 p.m.

Stick with the truck.

Or just light your wallet on fire and then try to pick it up while it's burning.

The empty wallet and pain will be similar to your ownership experience of an old German luxury car.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy PowerDork
4/26/16 5:47 p.m.

Good God, man, you have no idea what kind of pain you are putting youself into.

Sine_Qua_Non
Sine_Qua_Non Dork
4/26/16 5:50 p.m.
Streetwiseguy wrote: Good God, man, you have no idea what kind of pain you are putting youself into.

This! Not really a good car for a teenager to deal wilth. You'll regret it once you go broke.

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 MegaDork
4/26/16 5:51 p.m.

Keep the truck

t25torx
t25torx Dork
4/26/16 5:54 p.m.

This looks like a horrible idea.. you should totally do it.

codrus
codrus GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/26/16 6:17 p.m.

Is it just a weird photography angle or has the car been raked to look like a drag racer?

Wall-e
Wall-e GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/26/16 6:27 p.m.

They don't have boats out there? At least then you have the added adventure of breaking down or sinking.

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man Dork
4/26/16 6:28 p.m.

Guys, don't worry, I'm keeping a truck. This is a project I'll be working on with a buddy of mine.

Jay
Jay UltraDork
4/26/16 6:29 p.m.

Holy E36 M3. Piiiiiiiiiiiiimp. Don't listen to the naysayers, snap it up and OWN YOUR LIFE.

Sine_Qua_Non wrote:
Streetwiseguy wrote: Good God, man, you have no idea what kind of pain you are putting youself into.
This! Not really a good car for a teenager to deal wilth. You'll regret it once you go broke.

These are the official sentiments of Old People. They are safe to ignore. Thank you both for demonstrating them in this thread.

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte UltraDork
4/26/16 6:30 p.m.

In reply to G_Body_Man: Does your buddy have an endowed trustfund?

Jay
Jay UltraDork
4/26/16 6:34 p.m.

Protip: if you're in high school and it LOOKS like you're driving a supercar, your peers won't care if it only cost you a few grand. They don't have to know.

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/26/16 6:42 p.m.

Do it!

Mike
Mike GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/26/16 7:14 p.m.

I really like these. The only problem is that they're slightly smaller than a Mustang of the era, but somehow weigh roughly a thousand pounds more.

I want one. Actually, I want the 600. I would not have done so well owning one when I was in my twenties.

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man Dork
4/26/16 8:59 p.m.
TRoglodyte wrote: In reply to G_Body_Man: Does your buddy have an endowed trustfund?

Let's just say that he's quite comfortable.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
4/26/16 9:00 p.m.
TRoglodyte wrote: In reply to G_Body_Man: Does your buddy have an endowed trustfund?

I read that totally wrong.

gearheadmb
gearheadmb HalfDork
4/26/16 9:44 p.m.

I'm having one of those moral dilemmas where I can't decide if I should warn a guy because he's about to do something I know is gonna go terrible, or encourage him because it's gonna be hilarious.

Stefan (Not Bruce)
Stefan (Not Bruce) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/26/16 10:10 p.m.

Considering the average cost of housing in Vancouver (I have friends and relatives that live there), I'd say that the chances are quite good that his "comfortable" is startlingly different from most of our ideas of "comfortable"

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man Dork
4/26/16 10:29 p.m.
gearheadmb wrote: I'm having one of those moral dilemmas where I can't decide if I should warn a guy because he's about to do something I know is gonna go terrible, or encourage him because it's gonna be hilarious.

My friend already has one as a daily, how bad could it be to pick up another one?

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man Dork
4/26/16 10:30 p.m.

In reply to Stefan (Not Bruce):

I'm in Kelowna, but considering that the total value of his real estate is well over a million dollars, and his business has perked up significantly, let's just say that there is money around to have fun with.

chiodos
chiodos Dork
4/26/16 10:44 p.m.

So what you're saying is your friend is buying another that you get to tinker on?

Obligatory story, i knew a guy who had one of these but amg and v12, so i guess it was a 600? Anyways he took the v12 out to put in....a sbc. At the time i was appalled but now thinking, well im still not sure what to really think about it, but he did make it more reliable..i suppose?

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
bwfKXxRoyRA1S57TWSin0bxXUWLUQaM84dG8ZWmHskTyRKVII0JUEtB94L83ma3P