Max_Archer
Max_Archer
4/1/12 3:08 p.m.

I'm a motorsports photographer and occasional blogger, but I got out of doing anything interesting with cars of my own when I moved to a new city with my GF and bought a Civic Si sedan three years ago. After everything from Miatas and MR2s to WRXs and S2000s, the Si was a big step in the boring direction, and I was never too happy with it. Two weeks ago, I happened to be in LA for family stuff, and visited my old canyon stomping grounds, where an old friend let me drive his new Mazda2. I was instantly hooked.

I eventually realized that my three year old Civic was worth as much as a brand new Mazda2, and the 2 would save me a ton in gas and insurance, while being way more fun. I went to check them out on Tuesday and ended up leaving without my Civic, in a '12 Mazda2 Touring 5spd in Liquid Silver. I'm still in love with it a few days on. I can't wait to get out and start doing some light mod work on this car (suspension, wheels/tires, intake/exhaust, etc), and to get it out and run it in some Autocrosses, trackdays, and of course the occasional twisty backroad. I don't expect to ever be competitive in AutoX, by the way, so I'm just going to put the things I want on the car and have fun driving it in open events.

Anyway, glad to be back on GRM (I forgot my old login), and I'll have to start my subscription up again!

Wow, that happened a lot faster than I expected! by maximstensel, on Flickr

amg_rx7
amg_rx7 HalfDork
4/1/12 3:26 p.m.

Nice. Welcome back to a fun life.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce New Reader
4/1/12 3:35 p.m.

Welcome back. This little car is bring them back in droves. Well, a few of us anyway. I think Mazda has a real winner on it's hands. I love mine.

Max_Archer
Max_Archer New Reader
4/1/12 4:07 p.m.

Thaks guys. I'm really looking forward to having some fun with this car, I can't believe how hard it is to resist driving down to SoCal for a couple days just to go hit some canyons that aren't covered with snow.

Forgot to add pic to the first post, fixed.

singleslammer
singleslammer Reader
4/1/12 9:02 p.m.

I have been very happy with my '11 2 that I have had for about a month. Welcome to the club!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
i81PzvwiMD1sle1YGImL3bDnCvh5v3p04WE97UjOi5NjBxublqQoonml42S3cvR4