aeronca65t
aeronca65t Reader
3/10/09 6:27 a.m.

Another new track is always good news to me!

With Monticello (NY), NJMP, the mini-track at Englishtown(NJ), Alpine (in the works in PA) and Liberty Bell (another proposed track in PA), it looks like we've got some good, new choices along with the "regulars"

"Tatton Motorsports Park, St. Mary’s County, Maryland

Tatton Park will be a Motorsports Park located in St. Mary’s County with a projected opening in 2011. The facility will be located on 450 acres in Southern Maryland within forty miles of Washington DC and fifteen miles of the Chesapeake Bay. Tatton Park will feature two road courses, an off road and rally facility, clubhouse, bike trails and a nature preserve. Tatton Park will offer a limited number of memberships to individuals and corporations and will be available to automobile clubs, the holding of national and regional events hosted by organizations including SCCA, NASA, SVRA and CCS Racing. The Park has been designed by the architectural firm of Baskervill, Richmond

~LINK~

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury Reader
3/10/09 6:34 a.m.

sweet...my sis lives a few minutes north of DC...she can expect me to start visiting more often. Starting in 2 years, I will show how much I love my sister by visiting her every few months ...when its warm out. She can come to Ohio for the holidays

Xceler8x
Xceler8x GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/10/09 9:08 a.m.

If Summit Point is any indicator they'll be a lot of Porsches there. I think it has something to do with the proximity to Dc.

Monkeywrench
Monkeywrench Reader
3/10/09 9:27 a.m.

It looks alright.

My problem with the current crop of tracks that are popping up all over the place, is that they are overgrown kart tracks. I'd rather have less tracks if it means someone building something awesome like a Bridgehampton, Mosport, Mont Tremblant, or Watkins Glen.

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
3/10/09 9:35 a.m.

When I become a Trazillionaire I am going to build an epic track (along the lines of the Nurburgring) in the Midwest....

sweet.

RossD
RossD New Reader
3/10/09 9:58 a.m.
maroon92 wrote: When I become a Trazillionaire I am going to build an epic track (along the lines of the Nurburgring) in the Midwest.... sweet.

Shoot for land in Michigan's UP, there is no one up there and the land is nice and hilly/mountainess. Plus they could use the extra roads. hehehe

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado Reader
3/10/09 10:43 a.m.
maroon92 wrote: When I become a Trazillionaire I am going to build an epic track (along the lines of the Nurburgring) in the Midwest.... sweet.

When I come into that much cash, I'm gonna buy Road Atlanta from Dr. Don, restore the dip, and buy ALL the surrounding McMansions to use as for firewood at the Grand Reopening party.

Y'all are invited...

getfast
getfast New Reader
3/10/09 10:59 a.m.
aeronca65t wrote: The Park has been designed by the architectural firm of Baskervill, Richmond ~LINK~

Sigh. If that's not another Alan Wilson track then Baskervill did a great job of making it look like one.

When I become a brazillionaire I'm gonna buy VIR and rent it out for $1 a day.

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
3/10/09 11:06 a.m.

I just want one of those crazy driveways posted earlier.

Monkeywrench
Monkeywrench Reader
3/10/09 11:17 a.m.

I forgot to include old school Laguna Seca

Keith
Keith GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/10/09 11:40 a.m.

I'd build something like Cadwell Park. Does this track look like fun or what?

Slyp_Dawg
Slyp_Dawg GRM+ Memberand New Reader
3/11/09 3:46 p.m.

if the rFactor rendition of Cadwell Park is any indication, that is a VERY fun track, and when set up correctly, the rFactor legends cars are extremely fun on it. not sure how realistic the track or the 600racing Legends mod is, but if they are very realistic, it's great fun.

anywho, that track is projected to open the year I get out of high school. I think I might just get a membership there. it might be another Alan Wilson track, but it does look like a rather fun layout regardless

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado Reader
3/11/09 8:25 p.m.
Monkeywrench wrote: I forgot to include old school Laguna Seca

Aw, yeah! I've got to get the gear to digitize my old VHS. Somewhere in all my junk is an IMSA GTP race at Laguna before they added the infield section. Didn't they do that to get Moto GP in the late 80s-early 90s? Something about the track not being long enough to host an FIM sanctioned race?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ySbeWpHMY91uzyuml5OIcTqA20FF4sd3AR9lHzExVyp8kaewgHhn0mjScUiqv4XK