1 2
Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/2/20 9:40 a.m.
Snrub said:

I was told by a online tire/wheel retailer that 114.3mm can fit on 115mm hubs. I was skeptical, but bought a set of winter steel wheels and they worked out.

The Enkei wheels that Buick used on a lot of Park Avenues and LeSabres look like they are 4.5" and the hubs are drilled for 115mm.

If you snug the lugs nuts up gently, they all will contact the outside of the taper on the wheels first.

Even with hub centering rings, ALWAYS walk the lug nuts up slowly instead of just reefing them down from the get go! 

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/2/20 10:33 a.m.

In reply to Patrick (Forum Supporter) :

If you're careful you can get some 70's Cadillac hubcaps to fit the truck rally wheels. 

mad_machine (Forum Supporter)
mad_machine (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/2/20 11:20 a.m.

was it converted or was it a "flower car" for a funeral home?

Pattyo
Pattyo Reader
8/2/20 11:22 a.m.

In reply to mad_machine (Forum Supporter) :

It was hacked up by a dude with no tape measure, a bunch of cut off wheels, and no time.

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/2/20 11:31 a.m.

In reply to Pattyo :

Sometimes those are the best kinds of modifications 

sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
8/2/20 12:26 p.m.

Just make sure you update the thread with pics of whatever you do

Pattyo
Pattyo Reader
8/2/20 12:30 p.m.

In reply to sleepyhead the buffalo :

Its a deal.

759NRNG (Forum Partidario)
759NRNG (Forum Partidario) UltraDork
8/2/20 2:59 p.m.

WIDE whites with Hcaps sporting the wreath and crest.....great horns!!!

chandler
chandler PowerDork
8/2/20 3:13 p.m.
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) said:

full stop here.....

....GM, Mopar, Jeep, Ford, even Volkswagen used it on the Routan.

Happy hunting.

Curtis! VW didn't build the Routan, that's why it's 5x5. Some of the Jeep/Chrysler minivan wheels are pretty cool if you take them away from the vehicle.

Nitroracer (Forum Supporter)
Nitroracer (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
8/2/20 9:29 p.m.

5x5 Means you can run a plethora of JK Wrangler wheels, or their aftermarket choices too.  Just watch for the offset.  I went with a cheap set of 17x8 Steelies meant for a Joop on my old wagon.  Jeep wheels tend to be pretty cheap too.

I never did get around to painting them and adding some center caps from an Astro van, but that was my plan.

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/2/20 9:38 p.m.

In reply to Nitroracer (Forum Supporter) : 

NIce.  Now I want to find 8 lug center caps for my K30.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/3/20 9:58 a.m.

Heh... Joop

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/3/20 10:09 a.m.

If you want to keep the theme going of rat-rod-ish, go with steelies.

In the 70s, many cars came with 15x6 rally.  In the 90s, the 9C1 police caprices came with 15x7.  Or just find any chevy pickup from the 70s-90s with rally wheels and they'll likely be 15x8.  Chrome rings, center caps, good to go.

See the source image

Stock 94-96 Impala SS wheels would be a fine choice for 17"

See the source image

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/3/20 10:11 a.m.
chandler said:
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) said:

full stop here.....

....GM, Mopar, Jeep, Ford, even Volkswagen used it on the Routan.

Happy hunting.

Curtis! VW didn't build the Routan, that's why it's 5x5. Some of the Jeep/Chrysler minivan wheels are pretty cool if you take them away from the vehicle.

Yup, well aware of that.  Its the RT platform.... but you can still get 5x5 wheels from them.

chandler
chandler PowerDork
8/3/20 10:46 a.m.

Lol, I hoped you knew that. The stock Wrangler GC T&C Routan wheels are kinda cool chunky on other vehicles. 

gearheadE30
gearheadE30 Dork
8/3/20 10:56 a.m.

Be careful with the chrysler wheels. Offset and center bore are a bit different if I remember right, both of which are easy enough to account for with adapters. However, they generally don't have enough depth for the spindle cap on the the front of your car. My Tahoe Limited had FCA wheels on it when I got it, and someone had sketchily taken an angle grinder to the hubs to make it work. Not great. It can be done, just check the maths.

I am partial to the 1994-1996 Impala SS wheels, and I think they look even better with flat caps from a Venture minivan. I wish mine were 18s or 19s for the Tahoe but would probably look great on your Caddy. I'm not sure if it's too modern for your car, but it gets you to a modern tire size and they don't need spacers or anything.

Uncle David (Forum Supporter)
Uncle David (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand New Reader
8/4/20 5:10 p.m.

Another vote here for 15x8 GM truck wheels, if you must stick with OEM.

Upgrade Center Caps & Trim Rings Chevy Truck ...Chevy rally wheels 15x8 5x5

I bet you can find little Cadillac crest decals to place over the bow ties. 

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) PowerDork
8/4/20 5:17 p.m.

5x5 is a common circle track bolt pattern and you can readily find a variety of 15x8 and 15x10 steel wheels . They come in several offsets, so you do have to be careful buying a set. It's not unusual for the offset to be different on each corner of the car but  typical sellers seem to have bunches of wheels for sale..

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/4/20 9:55 p.m.

Cut the crap and go straight gangsta. 

94-96 Impala SS.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
c6rQQuPjf9tCeTc68GNFvPwcL628j0kd0SkmBcqeVstDr4qw71IRIb8YOBSpX8Q0