confuZion3
confuZion3 Dork
3/22/09 12:37 p.m.

Is anybody from NYC area running with EMRA Racing this year? I want to make the trek down to Summit Point on April 18th for their first two time trials. It would be nice to have somebody to roll down there with on the 5 hour journey. I think I'll be doing both events that weekend (Saturday, April 18th and Sunday, April 19th).

Am I insane for doing that?

Hal
Hal HalfDork
3/22/09 1:33 p.m.

I'll be there on Saturday helping a fellow focus driver. Can't help on your trip, it's only a 40 minute drive for me. But it's no crazier than me driving to Pocono or Watkins Glen to be a pit crew member.

What will you be driving?

Have you ever driven on the Shenandoah circuit before?

confuZion3
confuZion3 Dork
3/22/09 1:40 p.m.

No, I've only ever done the main circuit. I'll be driving the blue Miata in my avatar.

I think I'll stay at one of the little Inns down there Friday and Saturday night and drive back to New York on Sunday after the event.

Hal
Hal HalfDork
3/22/09 2:28 p.m.

With a Miata you will enjoy Shenandoah. You will be running right with all those big cars that blew by you on Main. Maybe I can give you some tips on a couple of the "tricky" corners.

I will be in my red Focus (easy to spot). My friend is planning on bringing his big camping trailer and moving the whole family over there for the weekend.

BTW: There is a seperate entrance for Shenandoah about 100 yards past the entrance to main.

confuZion3
confuZion3 Dork
3/22/09 3:28 p.m.

Thanks for that tip! I would have never seen it!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JBVxqnLLkUYWXntgbWCVy7kn1txdjmCW3c1iyAI6d9zZ1OdYLg3xCsVq7Sl9fjfm