1 2 3
Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/20/17 5:21 p.m.

We've done the instagram thing.

Any of you gents or ladies have a Youtube channel you want to share. Some of us have to shoot some interesting and strange things.

You can find me at Toyman011. Mostly crap I've built, done, or thought was interesting.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/20/17 5:25 p.m.

RevRico1

I screwed up and lost my original revrico account information years ago.

It's mostly just my autocross videos or things I've cross posted to here, but with the summer coming it might actually grow.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
4/20/17 5:28 p.m.

We have some autocross videos up if you search for Brandywine Motorsport Club, but nothing particularly recent or fascinating.

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man SuperDork
4/20/17 5:56 p.m.

cracks knuckles I'm glad you asked. New uploads (more or less) every Saturday!

MINIzguy
MINIzguy HalfDork
4/20/17 6:04 p.m.

MINIzguy here. Been posting most of my build progress and DIY things I learn on it. I dump all my autocross videos onto it too. I want to make it to 1k subscribers in 1 year.

sesto elemento
sesto elemento SuperDork
4/20/17 8:38 p.m.

I'm collaborating with Quinn Kizis from gqm. We've got an amazing new spin off series coming soon that is going to be really special.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Merdian225

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/20/17 8:54 p.m.

Personal: https://www.youtube.com/TargaMiata

Work: https://www.youtube.com/FlyinMiataVideo

No staged stuff or drama or intentional destruction or humourous skilled fabrication. Mostly just cars driving around. And pretty much every stage from two Targa Newfoundlands

hhaase
hhaase Reader
4/20/17 9:17 p.m.

My MR2 build for the One Lap

Doing the best I can to get my MR2 ready. Lost a lot of momentum the past couple months, but working it back slowly.

Could use 3 more subscribers to hit 150 finally.

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
4/20/17 10:54 p.m.

On a related note, y'all know we're doing a weekly live FB show. From there they get archived and go up on our YouTube channel within a week. On YT, you get no comment stream, though, so it can be easy to get lost if we start interacting with a commenter.

Anyhoo... YouTube also offers live broadcast, But because Mark Zuckerberg hates Jim YouTube or whatever the guy's name is, we can't stream a common signal to both Facebook and YT from our Wirecast software. When we try, we get a "Facebook won't let you stream to multiple sites at once" sort of message.

We have like 130,000 Facebook subscribers, and barely a fraction of that on YT. But... If we could build that kind of following on YT we'd actually have something.

So, questions:

1) Is there a way to broadcast to both simultaneously that I'm overlooking?

2) Is there a way to just move the show from one network to another without losing our regular viewership?

3) Would me taking the occasional golf ball to the nuts help with ratings?

4) Do you folks who watch it have a vested interest in WHERE you watch it?

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man SuperDork
4/20/17 11:13 p.m.

In reply to JG Pasterjak:

1) Not sure, I haven't quite investigated that.

2) Gratuitous linking and promotion of YT content.

3) Probably

4) Youtube. Not as cumbersome, you can get consistent reminders, the creators can get revenue from archived livestreams, and Youtube isn't blocked at work with the frequency of Facebook. Plus, you can easily access it without needing an account.

MINIzguy
MINIzguy Reader
4/20/17 11:22 p.m.

Can you just have two devices running at the same time? One with Facebook Live, one with YouTube Live?

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
4/21/17 4:15 a.m.

I would love to be able to watch it live, but I really don't want to join bookface.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/21/17 8:28 a.m.

Bump for the day crowd.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/21/17 8:42 a.m.

Maybe some sort of signal splitter would let it fb and YouTube steam at the same time?

I like watching it on the forum, because it means I don't have to drag out my Facebook computer, and yes I specifically have a computer for my fake Facebook account. I don't like watching it on the forum because no full screen, and while YouTube would fix that, I think you'd lose the live interaction you get through Facebook with it(i have no idea, I don't live stream anything or know anything about it)

And I think we'll all agree that yes, golf balls to the nuts always makes for a good laugh, especially at an unexpected time.

slowride
slowride Dork
4/21/17 10:37 a.m.
java230
java230 SuperDork
4/21/17 10:42 a.m.

I did a couple vids on my RV build, but thats about it. I need to make more vids, but man editing kills time in a hurry

https://www.youtube.com/user/java230

DaveEstey
DaveEstey PowerDork
4/21/17 11:16 a.m.

My Tubes

I post erratically and irrationally. Usually things in the shop having to do with race cars and motorcycles.

Fitzauto
Fitzauto Dork
4/21/17 12:04 p.m.

I should start using the channel I made.

Gaunt596
Gaunt596 New Reader
4/21/17 1:17 p.m.
JG Pasterjak wrote: On a related note, y'all know we're doing a weekly live FB show. From there they get archived and go up on our YouTube channel within a week. On YT, you get no comment stream, though, so it can be easy to get lost if we start interacting with a commenter. Anyhoo... YouTube also offers live broadcast, But because Mark Zuckerberg hates Jim YouTube or whatever the guy's name is, we can't stream a common signal to both Facebook and YT from our Wirecast software. When we try, we get a "Facebook won't let you stream to multiple sites at once" sort of message. We have like 130,000 Facebook subscribers, and barely a fraction of that on YT. But... If we could build that kind of following on YT we'd actually have something. So, questions: 1) Is there a way to broadcast to both simultaneously that I'm overlooking? 2) Is there a way to just move the show from one network to another without losing our regular viewership? 3) Would me taking the occasional golf ball to the nuts help with ratings? 4) Do you folks who watch it have a vested interest in WHERE you watch it?

You should be able to stream to both places Using Open Broadcaster Studio, you can use wireshark for facebooks, and OBS for YouTube. Since its two different software packages it shouldn't have any issues

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
4/21/17 9:28 p.m.
Gaunt596 wrote: You should be able to stream to both places Using Open Broadcaster Studio, you can use wireshark for facebooks, and OBS for YouTube. Since its two different software packages it shouldn't have any issues

I'll check those out.

Right now we're using Wirecast. we run HDMI from the studio camera to a Blackmagic HMDI>Lightning adapter then into the computer. I mean, EZ-mode would be to get an HDMI splitter and just send signals to separate computers. but then we'd need to tie up a second computer. And I imagine that would take additional bandwidth as well.

Maybe we'll try a YouTube show as a one-off at some point and see how it goes. Soon as I get my golf ball cannon finished.

minivan_racer
minivan_racer UberDork
4/21/17 9:49 p.m.
Doc Brown
Doc Brown Dork
4/22/17 7:07 a.m.

Back in the day when google took over YouTube, I had to make a second channel. Something odd happened and I'm not sure why but the first channel is more or less dead.

Experiments and random videos

some cars and stuff

oldtin
oldtin PowerDork
4/22/17 1:27 p.m.

I'd watch the youtubes. Will pass on fb. Little surprised grm would use fb for content because of fb's terms. As a company that is in business to produce content, seems odd you'd give your rights to them for free.

ckosacranoid
ckosacranoid Dork
4/22/17 3:12 p.m.

https://www.youtube.com/user/ckosacranoid shots from the races over the years, some randome stuff, some stuff i have been to.

hey JP, twitch seems to be very big for live streaming also. dont know much about it.

Rufledt
Rufledt UberDork
4/22/17 8:36 p.m.
1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
CxzBnXhaB8LN8VLLuwu3VSYuqOP66k0yCQumpfPtaAtKjYReb0zyS9DtN49XHuBE