1 2
BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/1/17 10:33 a.m.

I'll be in the Bay Area pretty regularly for the next few months and I know we have bunch of forum members around here. Just wondering if people were up for an evening meet up at some point?

hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/1/17 10:56 a.m.

Which Bay Area, San Fran or Tampa?

RossD
RossD UltimaDork
3/1/17 11:01 a.m.

Green Bay?

CobraSpdRH
CobraSpdRH Reader
3/1/17 11:02 a.m.

Being in the (Tampa) Bay area myself, I have to imagine he is referring to the (San Francisco) Bay area

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
3/1/17 11:14 a.m.
hobiercr wrote: Which Bay Area, San Fran or Tampa?

Huh, I didn't realize "The Bay Area" had any other connotation than San Francisco. And I live in OK.

BoxheadTim
3/1/17 2:43 p.m.

In reply to z31maniac:

Me neither.

The one that has sfbay craigslist , which isn't quite as good as the Atlanta one, but may have more Teslas...

bkasdaddy
bkasdaddy New Reader
3/1/17 6:03 p.m.

In reply to RossD:

I got excited for a second, thinking Green Bay. Then I remembered nothing happens in Wisconsin.

BoxheadTim
3/3/17 10:48 a.m.

In reply to bkasdaddy:

Is that because everything is pretty much frozen right now? At least that had been my impression from visiting Milwaukee in January. Great beer selection though.

bkasdaddy
bkasdaddy New Reader
3/3/17 7:20 p.m.

In reply to BoxheadTim:

Pretty much. We had two nice days this year where I got to park my truck and drive the car. Then more snow. I live out in the country in Northern Wisconsin where a truck is almost a necessity, therefore muddin' is about the only motorsport related activity around me. There's no one in our town for my son and I to talk to about cars. He gets picked on in school for liking imports and rally/rallyx.

Kreb
Kreb GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/3/17 8:38 p.m.

On topic: sure, I'm in Oakland.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess MegaDork
3/3/17 8:48 p.m.

Galveston Bay?

codrus
codrus GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/3/17 11:46 p.m.

Sure, I could be up for that. Location is the tricky part, during weekday evenings it takes forever to get anywhere around here.

And yeah, my impression is that while there are lots of places that are locally known as "the bay area", if you're using that term in somewhere that doesn't have a bay, most people assume you mean sfbay. :)

Type Q
Type Q SuperDork
3/4/17 8:38 a.m.

I would love to meet as well.

BoxheadTim
3/4/17 12:00 p.m.

Sounds like all we'll have to do is to find a place with no traffic .

codrus
3/4/17 12:48 p.m.

Well, one option is to piggyback onto an existing meet of some kind. There's a classic import meet the last Thursday of every month in Santa Clara, lots of cool old cars there.

https://www.facebook.com/NorCalClassicImports/?hc_ref=SEARCH

benzbaronDaryn
benzbaronDaryn Dork
3/4/17 3:08 p.m.

I'm down to meet you folks, just let me know when and where.

BoxheadTim
3/4/17 7:14 p.m.
codrus wrote: Well, one option is to piggyback onto an existing meet of some kind. There's a classic import meet the last Thursday of every month in Santa Clara, lots of cool old cars there. https://www.facebook.com/NorCalClassicImports/?hc_ref=SEARCH

I like that idea, plus on Thursdays I tend to be in Sunnyvale anyway.

amg_rx7
amg_rx7 SuperDork
3/10/17 10:34 p.m.

I'm up for meeting. I'm near enough to Sunnyvale.

codrus
3/27/17 5:37 p.m.

If we want to do the piggyback-on-an-existing-meet thing, the next classic import meet is on Thursday.

https://www.facebook.com/events/193307071172422/

I'll be there with my red FD (hey it's 25 years old, that's "classic", right?). I'll try to wear my GRM t-shirt. :)

Kreb
Kreb GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/27/17 6:35 p.m.

Enjoy. On a weekday driving from Oakland, Sunnyvale might as well be Lake Tahoe.

It's a bit of a zoo, but the Blackhawk Cars and Coffee would be something that I'd like. Pick a far corner of the lot. 1st Sunday of the month. 8-10 AM. Lots of eye candy and twisty roads nearby for a apres-show jaunt.

jr02518
jr02518 Reader
3/27/17 8:27 p.m.

Are you going to Crows Landing for the SCCA events?

codrus
3/27/17 8:30 p.m.
jr02518 wrote: Are you going to Crows Landing for the SCCA events?

I haven't been autocrossing since NorCal UFO fell apart a few years ago. I keep meaning to, but haven't managed to get back into the swing of it.

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/27/17 8:34 p.m.

Can we get a southern California meet?

codrus
3/27/17 8:43 p.m.
yupididit wrote: Can we get a southern California meet?

Sure, but I think you need your own thread. :)

BoxheadTim
3/27/17 8:47 p.m.

In reply to codrus:

I'll try to make it over there - probably in my 996 as I don't have any classic Japanese metal at the moment.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
CUHe0Yi0AZKAI78iJ1Nw4OmU1rdso3mpWcNW8doOiykbrRsFATF6u2ngk9ewBDrx