NOHOME
NOHOME UltimaDork
11/7/18 1:39 p.m.

The rack on the 760 S-car-Go is a bit sketchy and I figure I should attend to it. Options are remanufactured off of e-bay, scrapyard or rebuild what I have

WAG is that scrapyard and rebuild kit are going to be about the same at $75 or so. Anyone been down this road?

Guess I could depower it if the budget got tight?

Pete

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk PowerDork
11/7/18 2:40 p.m.

$35 for a rack at a local self serve auto wreckers.

NOHOME
NOHOME UltimaDork
11/7/18 2:46 p.m.

In reply to DeadSkunk :

That might be the first choice. Other than working in the cold to yank it out, it is in the budget.  I am on the look-out  for a few other bits, so perhaps a visit to Corey's is in order.

Also, let me know if the bits from Peter Gosset arrives and I will make a road trip chez-vouz.

Painted car should be back this WE and the carpet and HVAC are the first things that need to go in to assemble the interior. Go figure.

Pete

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk PowerDork
11/7/18 2:55 p.m.

In reply to NOHOME :

Pete's bits are here already.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
11/7/18 3:24 p.m.

By sketchy, do you mean loose, intermittent assist, or leaky?  Loose pretty much goes with the territory on a 700, unless its the inner tie rods.  Intermittent means the aluminum valve body is worn out. Leaky means you should find a different one.

If you go to the wrecking yard, bring all the mounting brackets , because there are a few different bodies...But that might be a lie, because I bet I'm thinking of 240's.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cUPSvFvqa6ps7WTvlxY0FB2zZAZfNhd8Ff6PuAWoJlTlRasiVWOcKBciQy2RmuyW