Jerry
Jerry UltraDork
1/17/17 8:38 a.m.

Someone on a Facebook group that has an Abarth for road racing just took these out at 18k miles for another racing setup, and is offering them for $699 plus s/h. Versus $1300 normal price

Link for reference

I already have Eibach sportline springs and OEM shocks/struts. I'm very tempted to give him my card tonight, but wanted input from the masses. Anyone familiar with this brand?

How much "more" will this give me over the Eibachs? Casual autocrosser, a few track day events and my favorite daily ever. (I know there's a difference in coilovers like Raceland junk vs stuff like Tein.)

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/17/17 8:46 a.m.

These are good fairly high-end coilovers (Edit: in terms of manufacture anyway, these are actually some of the more basic coilovers KW sells). How much they'll give you over what you have now depends largely on the spring rates and how much body roll you're getting right now. Looks like the Abarth comes with 205lb/in front and 200lb/in rear stock, can I assume that your Eibach springs are close to that?

Jerry
Jerry UltraDork
1/17/17 10:34 a.m.

In reply to GameboyRMH:

Not sure on spring rates. Can't find the info even on Eibach's site.

Jerry
Jerry UltraDork
1/18/17 7:00 a.m.

I did talk to him last night. He has 3 Abarth's, including this one he went to Italy to buy and is being sent here:

He removed the KW's from one of this other cars to replace with the same racing shocks the above car has.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1JW9HSL5v8fkUXbWFhhF5S8Q1ZRHEAx9QRehPEx3FEw0GLa8PYI1PHCCnOPtrH3V