DustoffDave
DustoffDave Reader
3/9/11 11:23 a.m.

Positives? Negatives? General impressions? Anyone know where to get the software for it?

Raze
Raze Dork
3/9/11 11:36 a.m.

I had a post concerning this, and actually talked to an installer:

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/perfect-power-piggybackexperiences/5367/page1/

This danjauch's Porsche 944 reader's ride claims to be running one:

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/reader-rides/1673/

DustoffDave
DustoffDave Reader
3/9/11 12:08 p.m.

Yeah, I saw your post and thought there might be some more feedback a few years later. Did you ever install it?

Raze
Raze Dork
3/9/11 3:20 p.m.

negative, I sold the Caddy, moved on to other cars I wanted , still an interesting product...

DigitalDriver
DigitalDriver
3/11/11 3:12 a.m.

You could try Perfect Power directly. info@perfectpower.com.

kturner
kturner New Reader
3/11/11 10:30 a.m.

I run one on my ej22 impreza. the software should come with any unit you buy. I used it to for tuning the open loop mix after swapping in some hotter cams, no option for timing with my setup. It only has two settings for the crank trigger and mine needed a pull down for the crank sensor. It seems that there are a bunch of subie guys using it for basic bolt on turbo setups for older subies.

The SMT6 is pretty cool, it has a few tricks that it can do but really only one at a time and only in open loop for most cars. The software is marginal but works once its setup. Mine is setup to log input from a wideband on one of the generic inputs not the O2 input.

DustoffDave
DustoffDave Reader
3/11/11 11:23 a.m.

Cool, thanks for the input. I have a car that already has it on it, and I am just wondering whether to switch to something else like Megasquirt, or just keep it and save the money for something else. I got the software today from the PerfectPower folks and will play with it a little this weekend.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
qUebXUs1XEQMtQdnUM11DnW8kG9ietTEMFFnUPOKrmgNUPSsl5chKUkqYeGaBQfU