stan
stan GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/12/17 8:43 a.m.

I'm looking at getting another MR2, but this one is definitely a project and it needs wheels and tires just to get it on a trailer. All of my spare tire sets are for Mustangs and Rangers..

If/when I get the car I might be interested in buying the wheels and tires too.

thanks,

Stan 

John Welsh
John Welsh MegaDork
10/12/17 8:56 a.m.

Over here in this thread, Jerry mentions having MR2 rims in Dayton.  

14x6 Miata rims are the same bolt pattern and center bore as the Mk1 MR2. I know because I owned on of each at the same time and shared the race rims between them.  Note that early Miata 14x5.5 rims will not fit.  The easy way to spot the difference is that the 5.5" rims were made to work with a center cap that covers the lug nuts.  All the 14x6 rims were designed with exposed lug nuts.  

EDIT: quick search...these will work.  $60 = 4 rims with tires! 

stan
10/12/17 9:18 a.m.

Wow, thanks John! That Ft. Wayne ad is looking pretty good. I haven't got to looking on CL yet (hey, I'm at work...) and thought I'd turn to The Source (for The Answers) first.

:D

Stan

cghstang
cghstang Dork
10/12/17 9:20 a.m.

Stan,

I have some miata wheels with snow tires that you can borrow if you need them. I'm still in Fairborn.

user name at yahoo.com

stan
10/12/17 10:07 a.m.

Great.

Thanks Chris. If I end up getting it I will be sure to contact you.

Stan

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon PowerDork
10/12/17 11:39 a.m.

I have a set of stock mr2 spyder wheels (no tires though) that I would let go for next to nothing. I’m about 3 hours from Dayton. 

Jerry
Jerry UltraDork
10/12/17 12:49 p.m.

As mentioned, I have two wheels for free, one with one without tires.  Come and get 'em.  Even in Dayton (near the Mall and 75/675)

stan
10/13/17 7:56 a.m.

Well...I didn't get the car. Mainly because I'm a cheap ass.

Thanks to all that offered the various wheels, tires and suggestions!

Stan

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cCLHCKPx8NcmoWIig5YyxU1Xm9t9WZdDZBy1ApmYHyZvlSWj8PEcVChqHV0bxOJx