Jerry UltraDork
Jan. 11, 2017 7:43 p.m.

Thanks for the offers to help on the bugeye I found on Autotrader in PA, but after numerous texts/emails/voicemails, I gave up. I was hoping Autotrader was better than craigslist but apparently not.

This one I've actually spoken to by text and just now by phone. The listing popped up in the Cincinnati region but the (city) is listed as Berwyn IL. I have confirmed that yes he is in Berwyn. I'm not sure why it's listed in Cincy unless the drop-down city he meant was Chicago or something. (Bit of a heavy Spanish accent so I didn't stay on the phone long.)

2002 Subaru WRX

Exactly what I'm looking for ('02 or '03 WRX, blue, either stock or slightly modified and hopefully ~150k-ish miles)

$4750 seems reasonable from what I've been seeing the last month or so of looking. Included plenty of photos, looks legit from an online standpoint. If it were local (Dayton OH) I'd be test driving.

Anyone able to see if it's as good as it looks? I'd figure out a way to get there if someone could vouch for it...

mtn MegaDork
Jan. 11, 2017 11:09 p.m.

I know very little about Subaru's, and am pretty busy in the next few days, but I may be able to get over there.

Send me an email at [username]ovak[number one] at yahoo dot com.

Jerry UltraDork
Jan. 12, 2017 8:22 a.m.

In reply to mtn:

I'm just looking for the basics. That it exists at all, drives ok, sounds normal, nothing jumps out that isn't in a photo already. He just texted me the address so already more promising than the PA guy. (I'll email you the address shortly)

If anyone else wants to chime in, I'd appreciate it as well.

93gsxturbo
93gsxturbo Dork
Jan. 12, 2017 12:13 p.m.

If you wanna wait till spring I will have an 03 wagon for sale. Silver, 5 speed, 145k miles, I am the second owner, lifted, general grabbers, full 3" exhaust, cobb tune with accessport, few other odds n ends. Really a great driving car. I have done brakes all the way around (powerslot rotors and hawk pads), new timing belt and water pump with all rotaty bits, new center diff and both drive and driven shafts and bearings, new throwout bearing, new exedy stage I clutch, all documentation, all new fluids, etc.

But I want $6k for it.

mtn MegaDork
Jan. 12, 2017 1:05 p.m.

No email yet... Try PMing me first.

Jerry UltraDork
Jan. 12, 2017 8:59 p.m.

In reply to mtn:

Sent the PM this afternoon, hope you got it.

mtn MegaDork
Jan. 12, 2017 9:02 p.m.

Yep, i got it. I'll send him a text to find out his availability this weekend.

patgizz UltimaDork
Jan. 13, 2017 7:21 a.m.

Datsun310Guy PowerDork
Jan. 13, 2017 6:06 p.m.

This was at a small mall in Berwyn. Featured in Wayne's World. There was another eyesore besides this one.

Datsun310Guy PowerDork
Jan. 13, 2017 6:08 p.m.

They had a garbage sculpture. This was brutal.

Datsun310Guy PowerDork
Jan. 13, 2017 6:10 p.m.

They also had pinto artwork.

gjz30075 HalfDork
Jan. 13, 2017 6:32 p.m.

Ad is gone. Did you buy it?

Jerry UltraDork
Jan. 14, 2017 2:14 p.m.

Unfortunately no. mtn was going to check it out for me this morning, and if all was legit I was going to try to find a way there tomorrow. But he texted me around 10am saying it had sold already, even though the seller verified with him Friday night to come see at 830am the next day.

The search continues. Debating if I still want to deal with road trips and this kind of bs, or just stick to 2hr radius searching.

You'll need to log in to post.

Also on Grassroots Motorsports

Meet Us at the Rolex 24

2 hours ago in News

We'll be hosting our annual get-together again on the banks of Lake Lloyd.

What Do You Get When You Cross a Modern Honda and a Vintage BMW?

2 days ago in News

Find out in the next issue of Grassroots Motorsports.

2017 Nissan Armada Platinum

3 days ago in New Car Reviews

The Nissan Armada is the brand's largest non-commercial vehicle and is a direct competitor to Chevy's Suburban and Ford's Expedition. ...

Tech Tips: 2015+ Ford Mustang

3 days ago in Articles

How to make it your way.

Speciality Insurance for Our Special M3?

4 days ago in Project Cars

Can you save 15% or more with Hagerty?

First Drive: 2017 Subaru BRZ Performance Package

5 days ago in Articles

We’ve heard it before: The Subaru BRZ doesn’t make enough horsepower.

10 Cars to Buy Now

5 days ago in News

Hagerty recently announced the top 10 classic cars to buy in 2017.

Reader's Ride of the Week: Cone-Killing Camaro

5 days ago in News

This one's a work in progress, but we can't wait to see the finished product.

Get Our Magazine in Print and Digital for just $17.99

5 days ago in News

Now is a great time to renew or start subscribing to our magazine.

Treading on Thick Ice

6 days ago in News

How do you improve your car control in the racing off season?

Strap In

1 week ago in Articles

Is your racing harness installed correctly?

2017 Volvo XC90 T6 AWD Inscription

1 week ago in New Car Reviews

Volvo's XC90 is the manufacturer's luxury SUV and this—the T6 Inscription—represents the highest tier of that model. And to triple ...

OUR SPONSORS

Grassroots Motorsports Magazine

Subscribe Today

Also get your instant access to the digital edition of Grassroots Motorsports Magazine!

Learn More
UM8g2JYPU3XxuRngprebxj8bOsUw9u8P