imgon
imgon New Reader
10/3/15 9:56 p.m.

I found an RX 7 through the RX7club forum and the pictures look pretty good. Does anyone in the area have time this coming week to give it a once over and see if it is real?

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/4/15 6:57 a.m.

What kind of RX7 are your looking for? I looked at this car on Friday. It's rust free, unmodified and a lot closer to you. I came very close to swapping my Miata for it.

http://nwct.craigslist.org/cto/5219857880.html

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/4/15 7:55 a.m.

In reply to Woody:

Threadjack - I'm beginning to think that pickup that RX7 as well as this 300zx and parking them in a garage w/just enough use to keep them exercised would be a pretty good idea.

imgon
imgon New Reader
10/4/15 8:17 p.m.

In reply to Woody: I'm looking at 2nd Gen's to replace my track car that I crashed last month. At this point I have seen all the ones in the New England area that I could find that looked like they might last another year or two. I can wait a little longer before it is crunch time so that I can have a car ready for next season. This one popped up and seems like it would be just what I am looking for. Mostly need someone to go make sure it is as good as it appears in the pics and the seller really owns it. In my dealings with him so far everything seems to be on the up and up. This will be my first time buying a car I haven't seen and and having it shipped so I am being a little cautious. Anyone in the DC area available to go check it out

moxnix
moxnix HalfDork
10/4/15 9:24 p.m.

What kind of timeframe and what exactly do you want checked? I work in rockville so might be able to figure something out to go see it.

imgon
imgon New Reader
10/5/15 7:01 a.m.

In reply to moxnix: Time frame is flexible, sometime this week would be fine. I just want to confirm that the car and the seller are real. There are a couple of items on the car that I would like checked out but nothing spectacular. I have a ton of pics and the car looks to be in good condition. I am going to call the seller tonight and see what he seems like.

penultimeta
penultimeta New Reader
10/5/15 11:54 p.m.

I could also potentially help you out. I live like 15 minutes away. I know nothing about rotaries (other than I want to get into them), but can indeed confirm that seller and car exist.

motomoron
motomoron SuperDork
10/6/15 2:14 p.m.

I'm 20 minutes away, but slammed through Monday the 12th. After that, no problem.

motomoron
motomoron SuperDork
10/6/15 2:17 p.m.

I'm 20 minutes away, but slammed through Monday the 12th. After that, no problem.

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
10/6/15 2:35 p.m.

VolvoClearingHouse is out that way I think

imgon
imgon New Reader
10/6/15 9:51 p.m.

Thanks for the replies, I think I may be all set. A family member is going to be in the area over the weekend and hopfully we can make something happen. If not I'll be in touch to arrange a visit the following week.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
HkWWpmzB0To9mMC9x6RX131vTajbDQbesDwm5eVYTzpEbX44E8DARDGObxE0Tco4