1 2 3
93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
3/27/13 6:51 p.m.

So I was talking to SWMBO and realized we had engagement photos the same weekend as the Mitty. Apparently asking SWMBO what the point of engagement photos is, is a bad idea...

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Intern
3/27/13 7:01 p.m.

WTF are engagement photos?

fanfoy
fanfoy Reader
3/27/13 7:06 p.m.
Tom Suddard wrote: WTF are engagement photos?

I'm married, but I still want to know WTF are engagement photos?

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 HalfDork
3/27/13 7:07 p.m.

Ah young unmarried (edit: and apparently also married) padawan.

Engagement photos are the pictures SWMBO has taken (normally dozens of different shots when all you need is 1-5) to make the special invitations that everyone gets. They also get shown off at the wedding shower and are shoved in a book and forgotten about the moment wedding pictures come into existence.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Intern
3/27/13 7:14 p.m.

Oh, okay. I googled it. Now I understand.

bludroptop
bludroptop SuperDork
3/27/13 7:15 p.m.

You have much to learn, young glasshoppa.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/27/13 7:19 p.m.

Well I learned something.

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 HalfDork
3/27/13 7:21 p.m.

In reply to Tom Suddard:

There are much better examples obviously.

pres589
pres589 SuperDork
3/27/13 7:25 p.m.

In reply to moparman76_69:

Those people look fun to hang with.

novaderrik
novaderrik UberDork
3/27/13 7:25 p.m.

sounds like another way to just throw away money...

fanfoy
fanfoy Reader
3/27/13 7:34 p.m.
novaderrik wrote: sounds like another way to just throw away money...

^^^^This.

When I got married, we sent plain old invitations that said something like: "Big party on this date. A wedding might happen. blah blah blah". This is getting way too complicated and expensive for nothing.

DrBoost
DrBoost PowerDork
3/27/13 7:37 p.m.

Like sweetest day, another way to con women out of money.

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
3/27/13 7:38 p.m.

I "think" we sent invites for the reception. Not really sure. Couple hundred people showed up in costume (wedding was on halloween, so of course costumes) so i'm pretty sure we did. All I remember is digging fistfuls of cash out of my wifes cleavage.

JeffHarbert
JeffHarbert GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/27/13 7:39 p.m.

Sorry to hear about the end of your relationship.

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand UberDork
3/27/13 7:55 p.m.
pres589 wrote: In reply to moparman76_69: Those people look fun to hang with.

really? she looks like a stuck up bitch and he looks like his balls are already in her purse.

ours was awesome. my buddy that did the wedding photos came over to our place while i was working on my car. we backed the car in front of the house, took a couple pics (i was wearing a punk bank t shirt with profanity on it and carhartt work pants), and we were done. 5 minutes, then i sold him an engine for his car. pretty sure we had the best one ever, as i'm not certain anyone else has their picture with my belair.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce Dork
3/27/13 8:01 p.m.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the wedding, and the craziness leading up to it have no bearing on the quality of the relationship that follows. I know plenty of people who lit their $$$$ wedding photo books on fire after their divorces while my wife and I look at our one blurry digital picture taken at the drive through wedding chapel and smile.

Rob_Mopar
Rob_Mopar SuperDork
3/27/13 8:22 p.m.
moparman76_69 wrote: In reply to Tom Suddard: There are much better examples obviously.

The Eagles "Life in the Fast Lane" started going through my head looking at that photo.

Rob_Mopar
Rob_Mopar SuperDork
3/27/13 8:24 p.m.

They are how you, the photographer, pay for new camera equipment.

bearmtnmartin
bearmtnmartin GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/27/13 8:50 p.m.

My wife had an epiphany 3 weeks before our wedding and cancelled the whole 200 person party. We got married by a lake with 20 family and.close friends in the pissing rain and saved about 30000 dollars. That was 15 years ago and it is still sticking...... Despite the lack of engagement photos.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/27/13 8:54 p.m.
mazdeuce wrote: I've said it before and I'll say it again, the wedding, and the craziness leading up to it have no bearing on the quality of the relationship that follows. I know plenty of people who lit their $$$$ wedding photo books on fire after their divorces while my wife and I look at our one blurry digital picture taken at the drive through wedding chapel and smile.

This. My wife's first wedding (not to me) was the "fairy tale" type wedding that supposedly every woman wants. Marriage didn't last past its sell-by date.

We just drove to Vegas, got married in a not-quite-drive-through chapel, spent a couple of hundred bucks on dinner and told the family a few months later. So far it seems to be working out OK .

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/27/13 8:57 p.m.

We had a small, simple wedding in the back yard. Catering was via a smoker on the back porch - best smelling wedding ever. But the one thing we splurged on was a professional photographer. No regrets - he got into the spirit of the thing and we got fantastic pictures of people you can't usually get in front of a camera. Afterwards, he told me he'd never had as much fun at a wedding. We have full rights to the pictures, so the only cost was the up-front one.

My sister-in-law had a buddy shoot theirs. He had a bunch of expensive gear, but the pictures are pretty poor. I've gotta say, if you do one thing right, make it the photos.

bearmtnmartin
bearmtnmartin GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/27/13 8:57 p.m.

She also lets me race and spend nights in the shop...

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed Dork
3/27/13 8:58 p.m.
moparman76_69 wrote: In reply to Tom Suddard: There are much better examples obviously.

Need to get rid of the dude in this picture. And the rest of the background. And she needs to be in a bikini. Driving a Jeep. Or on a horse on a beach. There, fixed it. Just say'in.

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 HalfDork
3/27/13 9:03 p.m.

My in-laws moved to FL about 8 months before our wedding. We wanted small and casual, my MIL wanted to invite everyone they had ever met. We decided to have the wedding on the beach in FL. That way we could send out a bajillion invites to all the people that "had" to be invited, but we knew they wouldn't drive to FL to be there. We had around 20 people there. I wore jeans and a t-shirt. It was awesome, still is.

Oh and for invites. I designed them, we printed them at Office Depot on a card stock we got from free from my BIL. The wife ordered magnets with a picture my mom took and the date on them, and we mailed them out ourselves. I diy'd my wedding.

AtticusTurbo27
AtticusTurbo27 Reader
3/27/13 9:08 p.m.

The Georgia countryside around RA would make a nice backdrop for pictures...

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Jo2w8kGkWCJKGh7ndf7WVRHrxJA9JXtV1c9hUApK4gfidjuyG8uoeRMkt3q8Z6Hw