1 2 3
kb58
kb58 HalfDork
3/28/13 1:36 p.m.
Basil Exposition wrote: I got married during a race weekend. She raced her car, I raced mine, then we got hitched at a nearby winery...

Yeah at the local autocross one time, the announcer paused between times and said, "Bob, it's a boy."

Now that's committment... no word on his marriage.

crankwalk
crankwalk Reader
3/28/13 3:48 p.m.
AtticusTurbo27 wrote: The Georgia countryside around RA would make a nice backdrop for pictures...

Yes and no. LOL

MichaelYount
MichaelYount Reader
3/28/13 9:25 p.m.

OP's post reminds me of an ad on ebay a while back where a guy was selling his Zook GSXR 750. Reason for selling went something like this "When I told my wife I wanted to buy this bike she replied 'Do whatever the f*ck you want.' Apparently that didn't mean what I thought it did."

Basil Exposition
Basil Exposition HalfDork
3/29/13 12:27 p.m.
16vCorey wrote: I know what engagement photos are, but WTF is "Sweetest day"?

Dated a chick from Chicago for a while. Got in the doghouse for not doing something for Sweetest Day.

WTF, I never heard of it! I had never lived north of Colorado. She acted like EVERYBODY knew what is was. I dumped her provincial rear end, which later expanded to the equivalent of a pair of P245/55R19's.

I take it is like Valentine's Day-- an opportunity for the card and candy companies to make some money and a prime opportunity for females to find yet another thing wrong with their mates.

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas Dork
3/29/13 12:34 p.m.

Self-shot about 5 minutes after she said yes. I guarantee we'll have better memories tied to this picture than we would have if we'd had a professional photoshoot after the fact.

Wxdude10
Wxdude10 New Reader
3/29/13 12:52 p.m.

I never heard of Sweetest Day before, but a bit of googling provided this.

Sweetest Day is a holiday celebrated primarily in the Great Lakes region, and parts of the Northeast United States, on the third Saturday in October

Now, the DUMBEST thing about it, assuming it is a "hallmark holiday", is that it was conceived by the candy companies to increase sales during OCTOBER???

Helloooooo??? Halloween anyone?

I can understand February... Dark, cold, depressing... Who wouldn't like some chocolate then...

October??? When we are snacking on the Halloween candy already?

Sky_Render
Sky_Render Dork
3/29/13 1:17 p.m.
Wxdude10 wrote: I can understand February... Dark, cold, depressing... Who wouldn't like some chocolate then...

Yeah, it's not like there's a holiday in February that requires you to buy chocolate and stuff for your significant other.

Oh, wait.

wlkelley3
wlkelley3 SuperDork
3/29/13 8:59 p.m.
93EXCivic wrote: So I was talking to SWMBO and realized we had engagement photos the same weekend as the Mitty. Apparently asking SWMBO what the point of engagement photos is, is a bad idea...

And it starts. First these pictures. Next she'll schedule something else on another race day. I think she went to the same wife school as mine. Main course object is to frustrate husband by scheduling things on race day and how to pull from husbands race budget for anything.
Thought you told her about the Mitty a while back. Oh that just served to remind her when to schedule something.

Just kidding......................maybe.

My first marriage, we eloped. Apparently she liked doing that and is has done it a total of 5 times now.
Present marriage, cost me my savings just to get her to the states. Didn't tell my family I was getting married until after and she doesn't have family. (the best part about her - no in-laws ) I worked friday, we went to the courthouse on friday evening then I left on an army training exercize on monday for a week. She didn't speak much English then. Over 31 years now. Didn't even buy her a ring till we've been married a couple years.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 SuperDork
3/29/13 11:25 p.m.
moparman76_69 wrote: In reply to Tom Suddard: There are much better examples obviously.

she looks like fun people to hang out with

and they are a waste of money. I told SWMBO if you want them you pay for them. Not in my budget for anything. My budget for wedding only includes beer and bbq and thats what i got.

At least she spent money wisely and we did something fun and not like an Acura advertisement like in the picture I quoted. http://www.scotttrippler.com/p1007748382/h1cf7e697#h1cf7e697

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/30/13 1:40 a.m.
Basil Exposition wrote:
16vCorey wrote: I know what engagement photos are, but WTF is "Sweetest day"?
Dated a chick from Chicago for a while. Got in the doghouse for not doing something for Sweetest Day. WTF, I never heard of it! I had never lived north of Colorado. She acted like EVERYBODY knew what is was. I dumped her provincial rear end, which later expanded to the equivalent of a pair of P245/55R19's. I take it is like Valentine's Day-- an opportunity for the card and candy companies to make some money and a prime opportunity for females to find yet another thing wrong with their mates.

I've lived in New York City all my life and have only heard of it on this board.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron UltimaDork
3/30/13 4:41 a.m.
patgizz wrote: (i was wearing a punk bank t shirt with profanity on it and carhartt work pants)

Am I the only one who really wants to know what this would look like?

car39
car39 HalfDork
3/30/13 1:13 p.m.

No engagement photos, we didn't buy the wedding photos when we realized the photographer was probably a customer of my dad's second wife's oldest daughter, and she was self employed as a "message therapist". You know, the kind that ends up in the police blotter. It'll be 31 years married this fall, and she's the one who told me we need a truck and trailer for the race car, and helps with timing at some of our events. A keeper.

sachilles
sachilles SuperDork
3/30/13 2:51 p.m.

My wife can not stand photos of herself, especially something formal. We did have a wedding photographer, but we had about 3 posed shots, and told him to not get in the way of the party, get candids and call it a night.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
3/30/13 4:40 p.m.
wlkelley3 wrote: And it starts. First these pictures. Next she'll schedule something else on another race day. I think she went to the same wife school as mine. Main course object is to frustrate husband by scheduling things on race day and how to pull from husbands race budget for anything. Thought you told her about the Mitty a while back. Oh that just served to remind her when to schedule something.

To be fair to her she did ask me are you free April 27th and I kinda forgot that I was planning on going to the Mitty.

m_walker26
m_walker26 New Reader
4/5/13 10:46 a.m.

"Sweetest Day is a holiday celebrated primarily in the Great Lakes region, and parts of the Northeast United States, on the third Saturday in October."

That's the Alabama game Saturday. Way more important than any holiday where I come from.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson UltraDork
4/5/13 10:52 a.m.
The_Jed wrote: Yeah, but that's like saying, "Sure that car's hot now, but it'll be rusty in 15 years!".

Yeah, but the eerrr restoration could be fun just like a car Although in her case I don't see buying in the first place.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
V2XZa6fraUlMsKp80R527X79GABJucKcjJQ4Byxt5BHNjS4YIalqi7y4929T8zCD