phaze1todd
phaze1todd
11/24/09 11:56 a.m.

I am planning on buying a new MINI when I get back from my DoD deployment in Iraq and would like to run some cones with it in H Stock.

I'm going to get the sport package, but if I also add the sport suspension will that knock me out of H Stock?

Thanks

jstein77
jstein77 HalfDork
11/24/09 12:40 p.m.

No, anything available from the factory is acceptable for stock class.

Ian F
Ian F HalfDork
11/24/09 12:51 p.m.

My understanding for the R56 is to buy a car with the sport suspension package and then swap in the smaller front sway bar from a non-Sport car... or vice-versa... the only difference is the sway bars on these cars.

Apparently, the R50 is a bit different. The sway bars and the springs were part of the factory SS+ package, so here the plan is to get a non-sport car and swap in the springs and larger RSB from a SS car.

However, having dropped the front and rear sub-frames a few times on MINI's (R53's mainly), I'd be hard pressed to say which one is more difficult. The front sub-frame is scarier if you haven't done it before... the rear is more annoying, for some reason...

Have fun! (also running a Cooper in HS)

jstein77
jstein77 HalfDork
11/24/09 7:01 p.m.
Ian F wrote: Apparently, the R50 is a bit different. The sway bars and the springs were part of the factory SS+ package, so here the plan is to get a non-sport car and swap in the springs and larger RSB from a SS car.

I don't think mixing and matching like that is allowed in stock class, with the exception of the front sway bar, which is free. Springs and rear sway bar have to accompany the entire factory package.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
S4z2nGUuP1JDQjvy1Z8WxXSfCjod5EBvbCIIBqe2AZVX6Nz9N6EkRpe5Jm5SPjrL