1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/7/13 9:57 a.m.

Sis is flying home (Florida) Tuesday.

Next Event: ORPCA Autocross #5 at PIR, Sunday July 14th. $40 ($35 if you're a PCA member in any region) if you sign up online at orpca.motorsportreg.com by midnight Friday July 12th. Many Porsche classes, two Non-Porsche, season championship points/trophies for all. $50 ($45 for PCA) at the gate.

6 runs minimum guaranteed, and we always try for 8.

Javelin
7/9/13 5:47 p.m.
Javelin
7/9/13 5:48 p.m.
turboswede wrote: If anyone likes buffalo wings, I know a great wing place in town (they have vegan wings too Javi), not too mention local beers.

Vegan wings you say?

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/9/13 5:54 p.m.

I do. Wifey likes them as they use sugar cane for the "bones" and molded tofu to make the "meat" along with their homemade sauces and beers.

Check out their menu:

http://www.portlandwings.com/index.php

If you visit them on Burnside, take a look at the wall behind the bar next to the taps and tell me what you see :)

Fremont has a parking lot and more room (including a meeting room upstairs, etc), though they all get slammed at lunch, dinner and happy hour, so going in off-times is recommended or be patient.

Nashco
Nashco UberDork
7/9/13 9:42 p.m.

I go to Fire on the Mountain all the time, work and live near the one on Interstate. Hard to beat a Tangerine and a George Carver (spicy peanut) chicken sandwich. Mmmmmmm. Expensive for a sandwich, but they make it worth it.

Bryce

Javelin
7/10/13 11:52 a.m.

In reply to Nashco:

I haven't eaten anywhere in Portland besides Veggie Grill since October of last year. That place is too damn good. If they open one by me I'm going to be the world's fattest vegetarian.

turboswede
7/10/13 12:11 p.m.

There's Blossoming Lotus as well for vegan and raw dietary needs. Wife loves them, I haven't tried it yet.

Javelin
7/10/13 12:33 p.m.

In reply to turboswede:

They are very good, but very "high end". Giant plates with a 2 bites of food, long waits, pretentious servers.

Portobello Vegan Trattoria is a much better place, all around. It's our preferred "date night" spot.

Nashco
Nashco UberDork
7/10/13 12:38 p.m.

Thanks for eating vegetarian and vegan guys...it keeps the lines shorter for me at the barbecue joints. Keep Portland weird!

Bryce

oldeskewltoy
oldeskewltoy Dork
7/10/13 1:05 p.m.
Nashco wrote: Thanks for eating vegetarian and vegan guys...it keeps the lines shorter for me at the barbecue joints. Keep Portland weird! Bryce

bgkast
bgkast GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/10/13 3:06 p.m.

I'll be there, but without vegi-wings.

ian @ Jewel Or Jalopy
ian @ Jewel Or Jalopy New Reader
7/11/13 12:41 p.m.

In reply to Javelin:

Did you see a yellow '69 'Vette?

Javelin
7/12/13 11:23 a.m.

We've got 49 signed up for the AX on Sunday including bgkast. I'll be there in the 5 wearing a stupid hat and running registration and the driver's meeting.

PS - I drove the Javelin to work today for National Collector Car Appreciation Day.

bgkast
7/12/13 12:25 p.m.

Guess my registration worked. I'm excited!

Javelin
7/12/13 5:08 p.m.

Up to 52 now. That's a pre-registration record, so if we have our normal number of walk-ups...

Javelin
7/15/13 6:45 p.m.

Well that was fun! Met bgkast there (who still won't shift out of 1st gear!) and rode around in his yellow RX-8. Pics

So, what's this week? Crusin' the Gut?

bgkast
7/16/13 9:05 a.m.

Thanks for the pictures! It was a good time. I have a new baby due in 2 weeks, but once things settle down I'm definitely in for another...I might even get into second next time!

Javelin
7/17/13 12:12 p.m.

So, are we doing anything this week? "Cruisin' the Gut" is Saturday in Vancouver. We can supposedly crash into Mr. Estrotica's house on the cruise.

Who's in?

turboswede
7/17/13 12:47 p.m.

I might be heading to Cars and Coffee again and then to SyKart afterward.

Nashco
Nashco UberDork
7/17/13 1:18 p.m.

Not me. Planning on heading to the Highland Games on Saturday in Gresham....always wanted to go, never had the time.

Bryce

Javelin
7/17/13 1:23 p.m.

In reply to Nashco:

You should come to the Highland games here in Kelso, which was actually founded by Scots! We went last year and had a blast.

Jcamper
Jcamper New Reader
7/23/13 12:42 a.m.

Had a great time even though I only got in a single run. Turned out the leaking oil was just a loose oil pan. I would like to hit a drag at some point this summer, would be fun. Jeff

Javelin
7/23/13 10:48 a.m.

In reply to Jcamper:

Whew! Glad that worked out for you. So we'll see you in August? I'm up for a drag night, too. I've been dying to run the Javelin...

Javelin
8/21/13 12:54 p.m.

This Saturday is the Unique Tin Car Show & Cruise in Longview, WA. Y'all should come up and see the cool cars (usually between 700-1000) and the cruise (they close down half the city for this!). I'll be giving away free rides in the now-all-one-color Javelin!

bgkast
8/21/13 2:26 p.m.

Not sure what we have going this weekend...I'll check it out if I can!

1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TT0Yidzv2LFgyZqkG84sjmiDBOU4emNVhHGpzftJ7LjtjtgKEul9HGPQnkTd2inX