Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/17/12 12:36 p.m.

Saturday October 20th at PIR is the last ORPCA autocross, and we are definitely running the Javelin. The 285 V710/Enkei's are bolted on, the rust is mostly flaked off, the GoPro is charged, and it's time to slosh fuel in the float bowls in this beast.

I am an Instructor and should be able to give rides, so bring your helmet. My co-driver (and fellow GRMer) may also be able to carry ballast. Be advised that the seats are stock 1973, made of vinyl, and there's only lap belts with the non-lockup add-on shoulder belt...

Free to watch (or better yet, spend $40 and get 6-10 runs with us, registration is on motorsportreg). Opens at 7:30, first car out at 9. Registration closes tonight at midnight, but you can always pay $5 more at the gate day-of. We haven't gotten less than 8 runs all season...

I'll be the idiot in a GRM shirt with a Javelin, so I'll be easy to find. (Try saying that line when you own a Miata... )

midniteson
midniteson New Reader
10/17/12 7:34 p.m.

Good luck! ive checked out your build thread, sweet car! Good job bringing it back to life. I am in central WA, (Yakima) cant make it down, but if you ever take it to an AutoX in packwood let me know, id love to check it out.

Javelin
10/17/12 9:29 p.m.

I might have to do a Packwood with it once just to say I did...

ransom
ransom GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/17/12 10:43 p.m.

Grraah! I was really hoping to finally autocross the WRX, try out a PCA autocross, and it would have been icing to see the Javelin (and put a person to a name)...

But I've got garage roof finish mayhem and band practice (and I put off this band practice twice to work on the garage already). It's just not in the cards.

Crud!

Javelin
10/18/12 9:13 a.m.

Sneak out for an hour ransom! Surely a ride around the course will be worth it.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5QgNevzeN6cVZei4loUEy9UISqVFqY6wba4HcNFswbRnWcHeDLjXZPDIr9yTO5JF