egoman
egoman New Reader
8/23/16 10:36 p.m.

I have been offered the chance to possibly partake in a HPDE that will include these two cars. I have a question that maybe this group can solve. I AM NOT a small person. 6 foot 4 340lbs. and a 34 inch inseam leaves me to believe that my fitting into these cars might be a problem. I already know that I cant fit into almost all Chevy's including Corvettes and Camaros. But my friends who are a fair amount smaller than me don't fit in those either. So am I going to fit or not because if I can't fit then someone else can go in my place. But if I can then I want to have a go.

Mike
Mike GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/23/16 11:28 p.m.

I'm about as tall as you, but have less inseam. I'm closer to 240. Fitting in a 911 GT3 was a non-issue. I feel pretty confident that your height won't be a problem. I don't have much to add on the weight question.

bmw88rider
bmw88rider GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/24/16 6:31 a.m.

At 6'1 225 with a 35" inseam, I can fit in a 997 chassis 911 extremely comfortably. The 12 way sports seat makes it very easy to get just the right seating position. The Audi R8 was a bit smaller and I didn't think it would be very comfy long term.

egoman
egoman New Reader
8/24/16 1:55 p.m.

Thanks guys, I just didn't want to take this opportunity from someone else if I couldn't fit.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UltraDork
8/24/16 3:54 p.m.

Owned both you will fit. Going to be tight in the shoulders in the 911 if they have rigid backed OEM seats. The R8 the pedal reach is going to be a bit tight but totally doable.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
U90eXEIjBJqVUpIQe2VBM21xudKFTY4imJXE2KYwgoe3MhimVIb5jyInRSqcMcX6