1 2 3
z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
4/1/20 3:09 p.m.
Knurled. said:

In reply to nderwater :

I thought people said in the thread that you could get Caymans for about $12-16k?  That is what frisbees seem to be trading for.

I thought they were comparing the price of a new Twin, to a used Cayman?

calteg
calteg Dork
4/1/20 3:25 p.m.

Not sure if it's been mentioned already, but insurance on the twins is outrageous thanks to HS kids wrapping them around trees

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/1/20 3:44 p.m.
z31maniac said:
Knurled. said:

In reply to nderwater :

I thought people said in the thread that you could get Caymans for about $12-16k?  That is what frisbees seem to be trading for.

I thought they were comparing the price of a new Twin, to a used Cayman?

Six years ago, though.

Kingkong
Kingkong Reader
4/3/20 12:55 p.m.

Relevant because I saw this yesterday

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 UberDork
4/3/20 1:12 p.m.

S2000s are becoming extremely hard to find. I wanted to buy a second one a few months back and gave up on my search. The last time I went to an AutoX (non-scca) I was put into this groups version of BS and was competing against FoRS and crap like that. I do have a tendency to DD my S2000 and I love it. I can fit a decent amount of groceries in the trunk, a gym bag in the front seat, and a lunch box. Or replace groceries with golf clubs. Most recently I went to home depot before the outbreak and had some 8ft 2x4s in the passenger seat with the top down. Explain to me how that's not versatile? 

Performance wise they are similar. You get to scream to 8 or 9k in the S2000, it's an easier powerplant to work on but parts are hard to find at times and prices can vary. I love both cars respectively but if you put them side by side for me to drive, I would choose the S2000 everytime. 

Carbon
Carbon UltraDork
4/4/20 11:08 a.m.

Both are awesome in their own ways and flawed as well. Nice to see sfo on this thread. Weird when one of us leaves without a trace. If the frisbee came with a 2gr or better yet a ur, this wouldn't be a conversation. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/5/20 8:07 a.m.
Carbon said:

Both are awesome in their own ways and flawed as well. Nice to see sfo on this thread. Weird when one of us leaves without a trace. If the frisbee came with a 2gr or better yet a ur, this wouldn't be a conversation. 

Toyota engines are not known for being rev happy, except for the 4AGE which had an engineering target of a 1 second idle to redline free-rev.

Notice that there are no Toyota engines with as much fanboyism as the 4AGE.  There are people who are drawn to the cult of the 2JZ but those people don't count because they are pretty much brodozer fanbois who would rather have boost over speed.  Forced induction is a crutch to compensate for an inability to accelerate.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/5/20 10:18 a.m.

In reply to DirtyBird222 :

Some GRMer may sell his S2k fairly soon .

Carbon (Forum Supporter)
Carbon (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
4/7/20 9:20 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:
Carbon said:

Toyota engines are not known for being rev happy, except for the 4AGE which had an engineering target of a 1 second idle to redline free-rev.

Notice that there are no Toyota engines with as much fanboyism as the 4AGE.  There are people who are drawn to the cult of the 2JZ but those people don't count because they are pretty much brodozer fanbois who would rather have boost over speed.  Forced induction is a crutch to compensate for an inability to accelerate.

2zzge is plenty rev happy. 

2gr is the right motor for a frisbee but id rock the E36 M3 outta one with a ur series v8 too. 

Uh ok as far as the 2jz goes. 

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
MNzXhTJd1svChQCPIxmmVJJG0Z7nXQMPojQYO3v5D8kF34zJIz2h7zADKGBVwdR7